This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Praise & Worship Leader
Fellowship Lutheran Church
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
Praise & Worship Service Leader
The Identity & Faith Statement of Fellowship Lutheran Church is…
REDEEMED by God’s Grace, CALLED by Jesus Christ, and EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit; We joyfully live and proclaim the gospel!
Mission Statement & Purpose: Connect, Grow and Serve
In striving to live up to our name we will:
CONNECT people to God and to each other
GROW together in faith and discipleship; and
SERVE our neighbors in this community and around the world.
POSITION TITLE: Praise & Worship Service Leader
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time (20 hrs. per week), salaried, exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
COORDINATES CLOSELY WITH: Christian Education Team, Evangelism,
Stewardship, Youth, Music and Worship,
Parish Life and Mission Ministry Teams
The Praise & Worship Service Leader will provide overall leadership and direction for a weekly, Sunday morning service to those desiring a praise and worship experience. This person will direct and/or provide oversight for all activities and events related to the praise and worship service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop goals, objectives and strategies that support the vision and faith of worship and faith development with the assistance from various specialized ministry teams.
o Articulates this vision with regard to how this worship experience interacts and supports the overall vision of the congregation, including but not limited to: designing the service with special attention to integrating appropriate prayer times, communion, and offering. Prepare the worship area to insure quality sound and projection,
o Continually evaluates the progress made in carrying out these goals, objectives and strategies and adjusts them accordingly.
• Personally leads the music (vocally and/or instrumentally), including direction of the praise & worship band, and integrates prayer and devotion in a meaningful and seamless flow throughout the service (excluding the sermon to be delivered by the Senior Pastor).
• Researches, acquires, and integrates new, up-to-date material into every aspect of the faith and fellowship development of worshipers, including music, drama, liturgical dance, etc.
• Develops an annual budget that supports and enhances praise worship service attendees.
• Recruits band members and other volunteers and oversees their participation, training and fulfillment of their specific ministry and tasks.
• Plans and conducts rehearsals of the band, sound and projection teams to ensure the highest quality worship experience possible.
• Insures that all target group members have the opportunity to enhance their faith by participating in other areas of congregational, conference, synod and national activities.
• Develops and implements personal contacts and programs to increase attendance and participation both within the congregation and the community.
• Attend staff meetings, ministry chair meetings, and other meetings as necessary for coordination and communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
All of the following are required:
• Evidence of training in musical education with abilities to lead in vocal and instrumental music
• Spiritual maturity and a growing faith
• Prior experience in leading Christian worship & music
• Proficiency using MS Office and other projection software
• Knowledge of contemporary Christian music and proficiency in sourcing and staying current with contemporary music
• Ability to plan and implement a weekly Sunday morning worship service
• Ability to plan implement weekly rehearsals in preparation for Sunday services
• Ability to recruit and develop strong teams (band, sound and projection), and to be a supportive team player with other church committees and ministries.
• Ability to create and execute basic multimedia presentations consistent with a Praise and Worship service
• Good organizational and motivational skills
• Strong interpersonal, relational, and teamwork skills
• An enthusiasm for learning and the search for our meaning and purpose in God’s creation
The following are preferred:
• B.A. in music or music education
• A liturgical background