This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Media Graphic Artist
Christ Church of Oak Brook
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2011
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
To create media art for worship and other ministries, including video production, graphic arts, photography, digital mediums, and more.
Communications and Media Ministry (Ministry Services)
Full-Time; Coordinator Band
Reports to Communications and Media Director
This artist needs a creative, imaginative aptitude and awareness of current trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest software and hardware and an understanding of lead times and production capabilities, all of which can impact the end result. This artist also needs to be a strong team player who takes direction well.
• Produce visual solutions to the communication needs with a mix of creative skills and processes.
• Create visual solutions for worship, including videos that enhance worship, announcement and song slides, and other graphics needed for all worship services
• Provide graphic arts as displayed on monitors throughout the church building
• Provide graphic support for website
• Manage multi-tasking on several projects at the same time
• Communicate with interested parties of task progression
• Be able to take direction from the Communications and Media Director and work well in a team that includes copywriters, photographers, motion media specialists, and other designers
• Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading; small group, volunteering etc.).
• Identify, train and support volunteers of the church to assist with projects as needed.
• A desire to continuously learn and serve others
• Honest and trustworthy
• Integrity for work habits and results
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
• Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
• Able to keep confidentiality
• High degree of professionalism
• A team player who works well with others
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently and finish work in a reasonable amount of time
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to provide assistance and support
• Organizational skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-solving skills
ADDITONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in a related field.
• Photography and website graphics
• ProPresenter and MediaShout worship graphics programs
Final Cut Pro and After Effects