This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
First Baptist Church
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/10/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church (FBC) is a dynamic, evangelical church located in New Castle, PA (about 1 hour north of Pittsburgh). We are seeking to hire a full-time Pastor of Student Ministries. The goal of this position is to design and lead a ministry capable of discipling students – grades 7-12 – that is based on the Biblical teaching that the home is the primary place where faith is nurtured. (See "Shift" by Brian Haynes and "Building Faith at Home" by Mark A. Holmen.) FBC is a church of approximately 750 that is known in the community for its excellence in ministry to children and youth, its dynamic and authentic worship, its cutting-edge approach to world missions, and its generosity with all that God has entrusted to it.
1. Confesses Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Meets the Biblical qualifications found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. Has been led (called) by God to this specific ministry.
4. Agrees with the vision, mission, values, and strategy of First Baptist Church.
5. Possesses the character, education, and experience required to create and lead people and ministry systems at this church.
6. Exhibits a spiritual maturity that is based on Biblical knowledge and prayer and confirmed by a godly home life, a love of people, and humility in service to others.
7. Displays a contagious passion for teaching God’s word and leading God’s people especially students and their parents.
8. Is teachable and open to change
A. Lead Student Ministries
The overarching responsibility of the Pastor of Student Ministries is to select, enable, and lead a team of adult mentors in delivering a relevant ministry for students that encourages, prepares, and resources families to model and cultivate faith at home. This includes the following:
1. Provide overall leadership supervision, and coordination for FBC’s ministry to homes who have Junior and/or Senior High Students.
2. Develop a safe attractive environment of godly influence on students regardless of their family situation that reaches the lost and disciples believers.
3. Recruit, resource and shepherd a spiritually growing team of mentors.
4. Partner with Children and Adult Ministries to develop and execute a church-wide intergenerational ministry that emphasizes faith is nurtured at home.
B. Support the Corporate Ministry of First Baptist Church
1. Represent the student population in the on-going development of the vision, strategy, and service of First Baptist Church.
2. Participate in Pastoral Staff meetings and functions.
3. Maintain a presence in corporate worship and fellowship.
1. The Pastor of Student Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor and cooperates with the Elder Board.
2. The following positions report to the Pastor of Student Ministries:
a. Administrative Assistant for student ministry
b. Volunteer Leaders