This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 02/24/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Student Ministries Pastor
Reports To: Board of Elders
Function: Provide leadership and organization for Student Ministries while supporting ministry initiatives of Chapel Pointe.
• Follows Jesus Christ with passionate devotion. Humbly demonstrates this love relationship through diligent study of the Bible, dedication to prayer, and a desire and ability to communicate the gospel.
• Demonstrates maturity and discretion, balanced with the ability to think creatively and enjoy students.
• Spiritually gifted, and thoroughly committed, to teach God’s Word and apply biblical principles to students.
• Ability to perceive varying spiritual maturity levels in students, and develop/implement methods for leading students into increased depth of relationship with Christ, regardless of their starting point.
• Loves students, and has a contagious passion to equip and inspire them to impact their worlds for Christ.
• Gifted in recruiting/equipping adult volunteers, and supporting parents, in their efforts to foster a love and respect for God in students.
• Equipped with leadership skills and the ability to direct implementation of ministry strategy and programming.
• Models godly relationships in family life and demonstrates all of the qualities of an elder as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-11.
• Holds a bachelor’s degree with ministries emphasis.
• Minimum of three years experience in student ministry, with comparable church or ministry preferred.
• Meets the requirements for membership for Chapel Pointe as stated in the Chapel Pointe Constitution.
• Assist parents in equipping middle and high school students to develop a meaningful and growing relationship with Christ, and to use their spiritual gifts for eternal purposes.
• Teach students how to independently think biblically, applying growing biblical knowledge to the situations and questions students face.
• Direct teaching and programming, including curriculum consistent with the mission and values of Chapel Pointe.
• Proactively connect with students in mentoring and disciple-making relationships intended to motivate students to love God more deeply and become spiritual leaders in their spheres of influence.
• Facilitate spiritually challenging outreach activities, mission trips, retreats, student meetings, and other activities designed to promote a global perspective in students.
• Recruit, train and continually lead qualified Student Ministry volunteer leaders, developing a cohesive team that effectively ministers to students.
• Submit annual Student Ministries budget and manage ongoing ministry-related expenses within approved budgeted parameters.
• Maintain consistent and informative communication with parents.
• Represent the Student Ministries as an attendee at monthly meetings of the Board of Elders, reporting to the same.
• Be available to lend counsel to both students and to their parents in conjunction with the Community Life Pastor, including intervening in cases of crisis.
• Intentionally remains current with youth ministry trends and culture in order to apply appropriate biblical truth and guidance.
• Please submit a video résumé in addition to your professional résumé. Include in the video résumé the following items:
1. Your name
2. Your family information
3. Your rationale for pursuing this Student Ministries opening
4. Your current ministry size and programming
5. The growth trends of your Student Ministries Program for both Middle School and High School for the past two years
6. The size and growth trends of the church for the past two years