This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Equipping
Austin Ridge Bible Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/23/2011
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Austin Ridge Bible Church, a growing healthy church of 1,700 adults located in Austin, Texas is looking to add a Pastor of Equipping to our ministry team. The Pastor of Equipping will be responsible for building mature committed followers of Jesus Christ by creating ministries, events and environments that foster spiritual growth.
• A mature growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
• Meet the qualifications for an elder found in I Timothy, Titus and I Peter
• A seminary graduate
• A capable, engaging teacher
• Demonstrated ability to teach God’s Word in a variety of settings
• Possess a love and passion for making disciples
• Self motivated
• Ability to equip people to be a growing disciple.
• Ability to equip people in their knowledge of the word of God
• Posses strong interpersonal skills
• Agreement with the mission, values and vision of the leadership of ARBC
• Proven giftedness in leadership multiplication as evidenced by: recruiting, equipping and encouraging volunteer and staff ministry.
• Capable team leader and multiplier of people
• A fit with our current ministry team
• Assist Lead Pastor in promoting a desire for spiritual growth among the church body.
• Equip the saints for the work of the ministry
• Oversee and build organic and systematic opportunities for spiritual growth at ARBC
• Build a ministry team to help foster growth
• Build a process for developing leaders
• Help provide quality content for spiritual growth for small groups.
• Help build environments for spiritual growth
• Develop plans for shepherding and discipling congregation and equipping them to share their faith with others
• He will be under the overall guidance of the board of elders and the Lead Pastor
• He will report directly to the Pastor of Ministries
• He will be a part of the ARBC Pastoral Team