This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Fellowship UMC
Katy, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/23/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Fellowship UMC is searching for our next Worship Leader/Pastor. We are a 14-year old evangelical church that is seeking to be a house of prayer for all nations. We are located in the suburbs of West Houston-Katy and run about 2600 people on a typical Sunday. Our worship style is contemporary (with an appreciation for hymns) as we seek to be Presence-Based. This is a full-time position charged with leading our music ministry which consists of a fully volunteer worship band, worship team, and choir totaling about 50 people; an internet media ministry; and a 24/7 worship and prayer ministry called Audience of One. Our music ministry staff includes an administrative assistant, a choir leader, and an AV tech (all 3 part-time).
The Worship Pastor will be charged with providing the inspiration and guidance for the ongoing growth and development of a contemporary worship ministry that 1) glorifies God; 2) invites the presence of God; and 3) draws people closer to God through the overall worship experience. The Worship Pastor serves as the overarching leader of all worship ministries of Grace Fellowship, and is the “face” of worship, icluding leading in the following roles:
1. Sunday Morning Worship: ensuring excellence in the musical and visual components of worship, and generally providing supervision and oversight of the entire Sunday morning worship experience. Lead a Worship Team that leads the congregation into worshipping Jesus in spirit and in truth.
2. Worship Team Development and Coaching: As noted above, the Worship Pastor is responsible for leadership of a volunteer Worship Team, guiding a gifted team of volunteer leaders who are integral to the overall worship ministry. Finding, equipping, training, cheerleading – these are some of the roles that the Worship Pastor will fulfill for this team
3. Audiovisual and Technical Team Leadership: Provide overarching leadership to the campus audiovisual and technical teams.
4. Special Events: Provide overarching leadership to the musical and worship components of “special events,” such as special worship services, special prayer services, an annual Christmas program, music for weddings and funerals, etc.
5. Congregational Care: The Worship Pastor helps share the pastoral load such as weddings (if ordained), funerals, hospital visits, pastoral counseling, pastors’ emergency pager rotation, and being on call as needed.
6. Audience of One: Helps fulfill the dream of 24/7 corporate, city-wide prayer and praise movement.
7. City-wide Prayer Movement: Participate in the city-wide prayer movement including networking with worship leaders from other churches and participating in city-wide prayer and worship events.
The Worship Pastor reports directly to the Executive Pastor, and serves as a team player on the pastoral team and the entire staff team. You will use your gifts and strengths to complement the staff body of Christ, including serving other members of the entire staff. You will possess a “whatever it takes” attitude. Together, we all seek to accomplish the mission of the church.