This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Baptist Church of Hudson, MA
Hudson, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Baptist Church is a contemporary evangelical church located in the town of Hudson in the Metro-West region of Boston, Massachusetts. Approximately 200,000 people live within a 30 minute drive of the church, the vast majority of whom do not know Christ as savior and rarely enter a church or encounter someone who could tell them about Jesus. Our ministry is local, regional and international. We believe in the authority of Scripture and that redemption is offered through Christ alone. Sunday attendance averages 900 (adults and children). We are blessed with many strong ministries and are seeking to develop a more multi-generational church body. The Senior Pastor serves on the elder board and leads a team including four other pastors: Care and Connection, Brazilian, Children’s, and Youth.
We sense that the Senior Pastor God is choosing for Grace Baptist will be a servant leader, highly relational, with vision and passion for people and for God’s work through the local church. He will have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a delight in developing new leaders, a heart for personal evangelism and evangelism through community service, and the ability to inspire others to walk more deeply with our Creator.
1. Leadership, Vision, and Administration
• Seek God’s word and God’s leading for Grace Baptist Church
• Discern and communicate vision and direction
• Lead, shepherd and develop the pastoral team and other support staff
• Effectively identify and develop the gifts and talents of church staff and lay leaders
• Inspire, influence and challenge the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that they may glorify God in their public and private lives – both corporately and as individuals
• Obtain and balance suitably broad input when making decisions
• Lead church staff meetings and encourage team ministry
2. Preach and Teach
• Preach with both depth and breadth
i. Depth – Doctrinally rich, Gospel-centered, authentic, heartfelt and encourages obedient response
ii. Breadth – Multi-generational, relational, and relevant
• Lead the preparation and execution of vibrant, Spirit-filled, Biblical worship services
3. Set an Example
• Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and his kingdom
• Model a heart committed to sharing the good news of Jesus and his love with a lost world and making disciples in accordance with Matthew 28:18-20
• Model a life of personal reliance upon God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit
• Model a rich implementation of the spiritual disciplines
• Demonstrate a deep love for people and model discipleship by teaching and leading in the context of God-honoring relationships
• The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• A commitment to our doctrinal distinctives. Grace Baptist Church maintains its local autonomy, but enjoys affiliation with the Baptist Convention of New England and the Southern Baptist Convention. Support of the Grace Baptist Church Constitution (Attachment A) and the Baptist Faith & Message (Attachment B) is required.
• A Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary
• A minimum of five years experience in a Senior Pastor or comparable role
• Experience in and/or a heart for reaching the Northeast United States is strongly preferred.
Applicants should either forward their resume and references via email (strongly preferred) to the Senior Pastor Search Committee at: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Senior Pastor Search Committee
Grace Baptist Church
353 River Road
Hudson, MA 01749
For further information, please visit our web site at www.gracehudson.org .