This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor/Director of Faith at Home Ministries
Christ Church of Oak Brook
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 02/16/2011
Categories: Family Pastor - Other
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR/DIRECTOR OF FAITH AT HOME MINISTRIES
Title: Pastor/Director of Faith at Home Ministries
Position Focus: Provide leadership to the Faith at Home Team (Early Childhood through College age, including single parents) in order to shift our ministry focus from a traditional children and youth ministry to a holistic parent equipping ministry. In addition, this person would also be a primary communicator to large group gatherings.
Position Status: Program Staff; Full-Time
• Reports to: Executive Pastor (Discipleship)
• Supervises: Faith at Home Team Staff (Director of Early Childhood, Pre-School Director, Children’s Ministry Director, Middle School and High School Pastors, Coordinator of College Ministry, Single Parents)
• Partners with: Small Groups Director; Singles Leadership
Coaching 1. Family Team
• Guide the team in making the shift to a faith at home ministry model from a traditional children and youth ministry.
• Chair regular Faith at Home meetings.
• Coach, partner, and develop team members
• Know and be involved in Faith at Home team ministries at CCOB
• From the position of oversight, be fully conversant about the key emphases of each major unit of the Faith at Home ministry.
• Establish with the Faith at Home team the mission they share together that will energize them beyond their individual ministry areas.
• Help the team to maximize the outreach potential of this ministry with special focus on the stewardship of our excellent facilities.
2. Children and Student Discipleship Major Ministry Areas (MMA’s are a partnership between staff and Board of Elders representatives)
• In concert with the designated Faith at Home Team, staff ensure that these MMAs are functioning and adding value to the ministry
3. Faith at Home Ministry Development
• Build STEP into the language and paradigm of Faith at Home ministry
o Sight for the Pathway- Having a vision for God and awareness of one’s own faith journey
o Training for the Spirit- Incorporating training (or spiritual) practices to deepen one’s connection with God
o Equipment for Life- Instilling practical skills and learning for navigating life and faith
o Partners for the Journey- Connecting to others who champion, encourage, and support life’s journey of faith
• Build family engagement rhythms throughout the calendar year to grow and sustain healthy family life. Intentional equipping and experiences:
i. For Parenting
ii. For Families
iii. For Marriage Enrichment
4. Volunteerism within Faith at Home Ministries
• Advise and train staff and volunteers as needed
• Create pathways of service in Faith at Home ministries
• Uphold and ensure compliance in child protection policy
• Celebrate Faith at Home Ministry Volunteers
5. Coordinate Internship selection and deployment of resources for Faith at Home team.
Teaching 1. Provide an additional voice as a regular upfront communicator in our worship venues and/or mid-size communities.
2. Maximize communication vehicles to a younger generation (e.g Facebook, video, apps, etc.)
3. Invest in multiplying discipleship relationships
4. Teach Equipping Center courses (periodically)
Worship 1. Perform funeral and weddings as requested or able
2. Assist in worship services as a part of a regular rotation
Care Provide Christian care as needed and provide resources to those needing ongoing care
• Minimum 10 years ministry experience; easoned in church leadership and staff supervision
• Proven experience in youth ministry
• Demonstrated strong leadership gifts
• A builder of teams and believes in team approach to ministry
• Gifted large group communicator
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Knowledge and love for family life, raised a family with children who are at least teenaged
• Worked in a goal and results oriented ministry
• Ordained, a plus