This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/18/2012
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Journey Church Technical Director
I’VE GOT 5 QUESTIONS FOR YOU!!!
1- Do you know how to keep people and equipment organized?
2 - Do you know how to communicate with technical and artistic people?
3- Do you get excited about directing an entire production from start to finish and leading a team of volunteers and paid staff to create a memorable, life changing experience every single week.
4- Is New York City, The Media Capital of The World, a place that you would love to make a difference in the lives of the millions of people that call this city home?
5- Are you interested in helping an already growing and thriving church made up of artists, young professionals, moms, dads, etc. continue to grow?
If you can answer yes to these 5 questions then we want to talk to you!!!
We are looking for someone with great knowledge and experience in producing a live show. We don’t consider our services a ‘show’ but we expect the same level of excellence in creativity and production in our services that you would see in a live concert or Broadway show.
- A high level of understanding and the ability to direct volunteers and paid staff in each of these areas:
live lighting rigging and operation
video display and infrastructure
sound reinforcement and infrastructure in a contemporary / rock multimedia rich context
creating unique and creative atmospheres in the context of a worship service
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage a large and growing media/production Team System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- Ability to teach others to do what you do and know what you know
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or 'technical experience' equivalent in media and technical directing.
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for technical excellence
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have experience in a church of 500 or more
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO YOUR WORK. (i.e. stage sets you’ve designed or led the creation of, events you’ve directed, church services you’ve directed media teams to produce)
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Technical Director
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE