This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mount Calvary Baptist Church
Fairfield, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/15/2011
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Mount Calvary Baptist Church
Title: Business Administrator
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Purpose of Position:
Assists the Senior Pastor as the Director of the Business Administration Division; serves as the Senior Business Administrator for the day-to-day business operations; and researches financial opportunities that can expand the church’s portfolio.
1. The Business Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor and is responsible for executing business decisions consistent with strategic planning, organizational development, and oversight of the business affairs of the church with the Senior Pastor and CFO. Assists in coordinating activities of personnel involved in performing internal operations in departments / divisions of the church. Consults with senior administration and staff to determine organizational needs for various services and future plans of the church. Serves as liaison between administration, staff, and volunteers. Prepares and maintains procedural and training manuals, and maintains personnel records. Serves as principal business representative in business related activities representing the CEO and CFO while negotiating the business interests of the church. Speaks to community groups, business contacts, government representatives, and media conducting business with the church. Develops and approves business contracts. Audits accounts, records of proof, and certifications to ensure compliance of workers with established standard procedures and practices. Compiles required and special reports on operating functions of division. Participates in the interviewing and hiring of new employees. Directs employee training to improve efficiency and ensure conformance with standard procedures and practices. Participates in division level staff meetings and confers with subordinate personnel to discuss operational problems or explain procedural changes or practices. Assists with preparation of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to senior administration, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
Directs and coordinates activities with setting up facility for services and special programs; coordinates activities with various departments to ensure arrangements are made for providing service to ministry divisions; and ensures that staff and volunteers have resources for ministry.
1. Supervises Deli/Coffee Shop and Bookstore staff;
2. Manages 1745 Operation, including overseeing Deli/Coffee Shop and Bookstore;
3. Serves as a resource person regarding legal and business matters of the church; studies insurance program on an annual basis; and makes recommendations, if any;
4. Serves as church purchasing agent; approving and processing requisitions and purchase orders;
5. Establishes and maintains records of equipment and facilities;
6. Administers church-related policies and procedures concerning the use of all church properties and facilities;
7. Assists other assigned persons (building committee, Pastor, etc.) in their relationship with architect, contractors, and others involved in building remodeling and equipping church buildings;
8. Prepares division budget and works with department directors in developing annual budgets that reflect the needs and vision of the church;
9. Assures that efforts of the departments contribute to the Business Division’s capacity to provide resources to ministry divisions; and
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills: Ability to communicate effectively; plan strategically; and organize, manage, motivate, and supervise personnel. People skills and business acumen essential.
Qualifications / Knowledge:
Possess a MBA in Finance and a Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Accounting with an emphasis in finance and management, leadership and administration. Four to five years of supervisory experience.