This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Gateway Community Church
Onsted , Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 02/15/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Re: Student Ministries Pastor
Gateway Community Church Pastor of Student Ministries
Students are an integral part of the Gateway Community Church Family. The Gateway Pastor of Student Ministries will provide leadership to middle school and high school students and volunteer leaders, and partnership with parents as they train-up their children. We desire to see students passionately pursue Jesus Christ in every area of life.
• Organize and coordinate a balanced approach to youth ministry for both middle school and high school students that includes Bible study, discipleship training, evangelism, service, fellowship, recreation, and mission.
• Provide vision for the youth ministry that is in coordination with the vision of Gateway.
• Recruit, train, equip, and encourage leaders and student leaders within the ministry.
• To meet with parents periodically to communicate goals and plans of the youth ministry and to gain input from the parents.
• Develop and manage the Student Ministry budget.
• Serve under the spiritual and ministry oversight of the Senior Pastor.
• Serve as an active team player on the church staff:
• Attend all large church gatherings.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Event planning: Oversee and coordinate special events and training for students.
• Keep current with ministry trends through reading, seminars, discussions, and conferences.
• Continue personal and professional growth by being involved in mentoring/coaching relationships.
• Theologically compatible with Gateway’s statement of faith as outlined in the constitution and as commonly held.
• Agreement with and ownership of Gateway’s mission and priorities.
• A demonstrated pastor’s heart to shepherd those under his care, building relationships of grace and trust.
• A heart for the lost – a passion to see students and families come to salvation through Jesus Christ.
• A personal vision and demonstrated experience to train and disciple students.
• Teachable: demonstrated track record of growth and a desire to learn.
• Team player: demonstrated team experience and team focus.
• Strong teaching abilities with a passion to apply the truth of Scripture to student’s lives.
• Paid vacation.
• Salary dependent upon experience.
Interested candidates please submit résumé to Tom McMichael, Senior Pastor, Gateway Community Church,
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Community Church, P.O. Box 207, Onsted, MI 49265