This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Children and Families
Simpsonville Baptist Church
Simpsonville, Kentucky, United States
Date Posted: 02/14/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Resumes must be submitted by Wednesday, March 16 to be considered for the position.
To download or print the job description, please visit http://simpsonvillebaptist.com/#/resources/job-postings
Principle Function: The Minister of Children and Families is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the purpose of providing spiritual leadership and development to the children of Simpsonville Baptist Church through the coordination of all Children’s Ministry and the development of a Family Ministry. Additional responsibilities may also be undertaken on occasion, outside of specific Children or Family activities, as needs of the Church arise and as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Minimum Qualifications: The Minister of Children and Families will have a gift for working with children, with previous experience in Children’s ministry required. It is also preferred that he/she have experience and/or education in family counseling. He/she must possess adequate computer skills, with proficient knowledge levels of Microsoft Office applications.
Educational Qualifications: The Minister of Children and Families must have an advanced degree from a Southern Baptist Seminary. He/she must be willing to further his/her education in the Children’s Ministry through coursework, conferences and/or book studies. The Children’s Minister must keep his/her First Aid/CPR certificate current.
• Work in close partnership with the Senior Pastor to plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the Children's ministries, including Sunday School, Children’s Church, AWANA, Adventure Club, Parent’s Day Out, Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp, outreach, missions, etc.
• Work in close partnership with the Senior Pastor to initiate and develop a Ministry to Families.
• Work with the SBC Personnel Team in matters of employment, position responsibilities, performance evaluations and personal concerns involving work related matters.
• Participate in all regular staff responsibilities, including but not limited to, Staff Meetings, Deacon Meetings, Business Meetings, Ministry Meetings, Church Council, Calendar Planning and all other matters as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Maintain a daily personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ; if married, adequately meet the needs of spouse and family; be supportive to the Senior Pastor and all other staff.
• Provide leadership to insure the effective and efficient operation of the SBC Children’s Ministry organization, while ultimately striving to enable the fulfillment of the Great Commission, through the following methods:
o Lead the Children’s Ministry leaders and volunteers in such a way as to encourage their spiritual growth as a Christian.
o Enlist, train, and supervise all Children's ministry volunteers, as approved by the Senior Pastor.
o Develop, lead and effectively utilize a Children’s ministry advisory team to enable a channel for regular church family feedback and to sustain the highest levels of ministry integrity.
o Develop and lead a Family Ministry by providing training, classes, and mission opportunities to enrich the relationships of parents and children, ultimately supporting Christian growth within the family.
o Plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate special activities for Preschool, Children and Families.
o Provide regular support and outreach for AHG leader(s).
o Work regularly with AWANA leadership, Adventure Club director(s) and Parents Day Out organizers to provide ministry and outreach.
o Pro-actively manage all applicable mediums for effective, regular and consistent communication with families.
o Develop and manage the Children’s Ministry annual budget for supplies and events.
o Insure educational material, books, programs, etc. are up-to-date utilizing the most current resources available for both family and children’s ministries.
o Insure that all SBC policies and procedures are followed in the Children’s ministry. Conduct and record all required and/or appropriate training for all Children’s ministry staff volunteers.
Worship Services and Children’s Program Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading Sunday morning Children’s Church. Consistently monitor Children’s church atmosphere and methods, taking immediate action to improve at every opportunity.
• Responsible for organizing Sunday morning Preschool Children’s Church, including the curriculum planning and scheduling of leaders.
• Responsible for managing the Children’s security system, including regular communication with the Security team to fulfill supply needs and address concerns.
• Provide leadership and oversight for Children’s Sunday School, including the following:
o Provide training for Children’s Sunday School teachers.
o Regularly check and fulfill resource request sheet on Google docs for teacher needs.
o Coordinate with Preschool and Children’s leaders to insure availability of workers, schedule coverage, resource needs, etc.
o Ensure Children’s Church chairs are set up prior to children arriving.
o Check all Children’s Sunday School classes and teachers prior to Sunday School each week.
o Maintain a current list of substitute Children’s Sunday School teachers.
• Work with the Nursery Team Leader(s) to coordinator workers, schedules, policy compliance, resource needs, etc. for all Sunday worship, Wednesday and Sunday evening discipleship and miscellaneous events.
• Actively participate in AWANA Ministry.
• Provide discipleship development for children and/or families on alternative evenings for small groups.
• Plan and implement Children’s Summer Camp. Solicit feedback from volunteers and parents to improve future events.
• Plan and implement VBS with Director and Team.
• Work with Minister of Music and Worship to coordinate Children’s music programs
Evangelism and Intentional Outreach Responsibilities:
• Responsible for home visitation and intentional outreach to church family, guests and weekday ministry families. This includes the children and families in Children’s Church, Sunday School, Adventure Club, Parent’s Day Out, AWANA, and American Heritage Girls.
• Meet and greet weekday ministry families at appointed times.
• Plan quarterly “Bridge Events” to intentionally bring weekday ministry families, guest and church families together.
• Participate and enlist volunteers for on-going visitation ministry.
• Minister to children and families with hospital & care needs within the church family, guests and weekday ministries.
• Strive to relate to church families on a personal, practical level.
• Possess strong desire, and characteristics required, to conduct personal evangelism. Obtain continuing education where necessary to strengthen abilities.
• Provide outreach to all guest families.
• Continue a presence with Elementary schools through visits and service.
• Maintain a database of all active, non-active and prospective children.