This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church of the Cross
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
A community-oriented church is seeking a passionate Worship Leader for a multi-culture, cross-generational congregation. Worship should minister and engage those who are far from God as well as minister to believers. Church of the Cross (COTC) is outreach oriented and active in the community. The leadership at COTC is expected to live out our beliefs of ‘Loving God’ by living a surrendered life in Christ, faithful prayer and reading the Bible. ‘Loving Others’ by belonging to a group where you are poured into as well as leading a group where you are pouring out. Additionally, ‘Serving the World’ by volunteering your time and talents to kingdom work.
Worship Director Qualifications:
• A minimum 3-5 years experience in participating and/or leading worship
• Strong Biblical knowledge and foundation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Leadership skills
• Able to mentor team spiritually and in worship
• Teach and develop worship team vocally as well as instrumentally
• A person of influence who is energetic and out-going
• Able to draw new talent for the worship team
• By your passionate worship able to move people into God's presence
• Be a team player and demonstrate humility
• Proactively seek to develop strong personal relationships within the music ministry and the wider congregation
• Possess ability to lead and play a variety of genres and styles of worship including traditional, gospel, contemporary, jazz to Latin influenced music.
• Read sheet music, coordinate sheet music and chord charts for musicians
• Proficiently play a musical instrument
• Organize and proactively plan and develop worship sets – providing team with sheet music and CD of music for the month at least 2 weeks in advance, as well as planning for special services with new songs 3 months out, etc
• Lead weekend services
• Mentor Young Adults worship leader
• Mentor Worship Team
• Plan and oversee development of new talent
• Schedule and organize worship practices
• Develop and mentor co-leads in worship
• Attend COTC family outings
• Actively involved with the congregation and in the community
• Attend planning meetings for the weekend service
• Work cooperatively and relationally with sound team to reach desired mix
• Oversee “Open Mic Night” a friendly event that encourages musicians to “jam” together and a great way to find new talent
Worship Director will report to Elders, Senior Pastor and Communication’s Director.
The position is full-time and salary based ranging from 45-55 hours a week.
Please submit resume, salary requirements and CD/DVD and/or of your worship portfolio.