This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Ministry and Administration
Pace, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2011
Categories: Church Developer - Church Staff
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Ministry and Administration will report to the Senior Pastor. The position will work with the Church’s leadership team (Administrative Board) and ministry team (COM). Primary duties will include the development and management of ministries within the church. Developing a strong volunteer program where church members can serve and grow in their spiritual life. The position will also be responsible for day-to-day management of the church. Supervise support staff and assist in the supervision of ministry staff in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
Leadership Responsibilities (40%):
• To promote the growth of church ministries by working with COM in the development and implementation of ministry plans as they relate to the mission, vision and core values of the church.
• To promote the growth of congregational members through the motivation and mobilization of members in the service of Christ and the Church. The Director must have the ability to recognize and match individual strengths, talents and gifts with appropriate areas of service.
Catalyst Responsibilities (30%):
• Implementing the vision cast by the Senior Pastor through the church ministries.
• Monitoring and evaluating the different ministries to make sure they are working as a team for effective ministry. Present recommendations to COM and the Senior Pastor to create new ministries or to cease ineffective ministries.
• Establish a vibrant volunteer base where people will grow along a path of discipleship.
Administrative Responsibilities (20%):
• Supervision of support staff and in the absence of the Senior Pastor supervise ministry staff.
• Manage the on-going operations of the church, such as, facilities management, communications, church calendar, policies and personnel.
• Identify and implement means to increase the efficiency of the church support services.
• Work with the Senior Pastor and appropriate committees in the annual budget process.
Ministerial Responsibilities (5%):
• With the Senior Pastor and other pastoral staff, seek to minister to the church congregation while also ministering to and attracting seekers from the community.
• Provide leadership and support in the areas of preaching, worship, study and discipleship in order to promote the growth in both congregational members and seekers.
• Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms and communion. Assist the Senior Pastor with congregational care visits.
Varied Other Responsibilities (5%):
• The Director serves at the specific direction of the Senior Pastor, and may be assigned to special projects and/or assignments.
• Have a heart for God and His people that is evident by proven character and a spiritual mindfulness that includes a strong biblical foundation.
• A Christ centered life that is demonstrated through healthy relationships with others.
• The Director must have very strong interpersonal skills; having the ability to easily communicate in both oral and written forms.
• Senior leadership experience that is sufficient to demonstrate the skills necessary to accomplish the responsibilities of this position, mainly in the areas of adult education and discipleship.
• Appropriate educational background (Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related area is required).
• Experience in personnel and volunteer management.
• Experience in systems and process management desired.
Resumes should be sent to David Boyd at email@example.com or Woodbine UMC, 5200 Woodbine Road, Pace, Florida 32571.