Musician/Worship LeaderMinistry Objective:
To organize and lead the worship and music ministry for Hill Road Baptist Church, in consultation with the Senior Pastor, in a way that is consistent with our purpose, values, and theology.Time Commitment
1. This is a part-time, paid staff position.
2. Preparation and leading worship: about 5 hours/week, more during special events.General Competencies:
1. Must have trusted Jesus Christ as personal Savior.
2. Must be a stable and mature believer.
3. Must be setting an example of personal godliness to others, both at church and in home (1 Timothy 4:12).
4. Must have ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
5. Must be committed to Hill Road Baptist’s vision, leadership, and people.
6. Must be dependable, consistent, self-motivated, creative, and organized.Musical Competencies:
1. Must possess a passion for exalting God, exhorting others and influencing the lost through music.
2. Must have ability to lead on keyboards/guitar.
3. Must be knowledgeable in music theory.
4. Must be able to appreciate and expertly “weave” various styles of music into a worship environment (i.e., hymns, contemporary praise, gospel, southern gospel, etc.).Organizational Relationship:
The Worship Leader is mutually accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Worship Team. Responsibilities:
1. In cooperation with the Pastor, work with a Worship Team in planning and performing.
• Creatively lead congregational worship.
• Recruiting new members for music ministry.
• Developing other musicians and singers.
• Selecting music and orchestrating special groups and solos.
• Overseeing instrumental needs, supplies or repairs
2. Leading all worship services. Currently, we only offer a 10:00 am Sunday morning worship, but are open to developing more in connection with our recovery ministries.
3. Be available to play for weddings, funerals, and special services, as needed. Pay and Benefits
• $5000 salary with willingness to improve as we grow
• $500 expenses
• 2 weeks vacationPlease apply through ChurchStaffing.com or contact us at:
Hill Road Baptist Church
3500 W Hill Road, Flint MI 48507
Phone: 810 238-5572Email: email@example.com