This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Spiritual Formation
First Baptist Church
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Other Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church (FBC) is a dynamic, evangelical church located in New Castle, PA (about 1 hour north of Pittsburgh). We are seeking to hire a full-time Pastor of Spiritual Formation. The goal of this position is to design and lead a Bible-based ministry capable of encouraging adults into a life continuum of spiritual growth while emphasizing the home as the primary place where faith is nurtured. FBC is a church of approximately 750 that is known in the community for its excellence in ministry to children and youth, its dynamic and authentic worship, its cutting-edge approach to world missions, and its generosity with all that God has entrusted to it.
POSITION SUMMARY: The goal of this position is to design and lead a Bible-based ministry capable of encouraging adults into a life continuum of spiritual growth while emphasizing the home as the primary place where faith is nurtured.
1. Confesses Christ as Lord and Savior, is a member of First Baptist Church, and demonstrates a love for the Lord.
2. Meets the Biblical qualifications found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. Has been led (called) by God to this specific ministry.
4. Agrees with the vision, mission, values, and strategy of First Baptist Church.
5. Possesses the character, education, and experience required to create and lead people and ministry systems at this church.
6. Exhibits a spiritual maturity that is based on Biblical knowledge and prayer and confirmed by a godly home life, a love of people, and humility in service to others.
7. Displays a passion and gifting for teaching God’s Word and leading God’s people.
8. is teachable and open to change
A. Lead Adult Ministries
The overarching responsibility of the Pastor of Spiritual Formation is to select, enable, and lead a team of adult leaders in administering a timely Spiritual Formation plan for adults at First Baptist Church. This includes the following:
1. Direct a process whereby newcomers and existing attendees are welcomed into the life and ministries of the church.
2. Assure a viable program of discipleship whereby adults may begin where they are and enter into a life-long process of spiritual growth.
3. Develop a corporate heart for serving the New Castle area; one that results in multi-faceted, visible service that speaks of Christ’s love.
4. Partner with Children and Youth Ministries to develop and execute a church-wide intergenerational ministry that emphasizes “Faith Begins at Home.”
B. Support the Corporate Ministry of First Baptist Church
1. Represent the adult population in the on-going development of the vision, strategy, and service of First Baptist Church.
2. Participate in Pastoral Staff meetings and functions.
3. Maintain a presence in corporate worship and fellowship.
1. The Pastor of Spiritual Formation reports to the Senior Pastor and cooperates with the Elder Board.
2. The following positions report to the Pastor of Spiritual Formation:
a. Administrative Assistant for adult ministry
b. Volunteer Leaders