This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship and Arts
First Baptist Oviedo
Oviedo, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2011
Categories: Media/Technology - Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Under no circumstances shall you contact the Church Staff directly.
Minister of Worship & Arts Job Description
First Baptist Oviedo, Florida
First Baptist Oviedo is currently seeking to fill the Worship & Arts Minister position. FBCO is a Southern Baptist, evangelical church located in Oviedo, Florida. Our worship style is a blend of both traditional and contemporary music.
The Worship & Arts Minister is responsible for the oversight of the overall worship experience of the church while coordinating with the Senior Pastor. He will lead, manage, and supervise the Worship & Arts ministries of the church as well as shepherding ministry leaders and volunteers. He ensures his ministry area is strategically aligned and integrated with the overall vision and direction of the church. He contributes to the staff and leadership team through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer. He serves the Lord Jesus Christ and the church sacrificially and humbly.
Ideal candidate would meet most of the following experience and skill requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a church of 1,000 or more.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Experience working within a multi-staff church structure.
• Experience leading a worship and arts staff team.
• Trained and proficient in vocal and/or instrumental music.
• Basic music theory and music performance skills required.
• Experience in developing worship teams, services and programs.
• Experience in leading worship bands and orchestras.
• Working knowledge of technical systems including: sound boards, lights, audio and video recording/duplication, internet broadcasting.
• Previous experience in drama/theater production.
• Proven experience in leading worship, blending traditional hymns and contemporary worship music.
• Ability to engage the heart of the congregation into authentic worship.
• Meet the scriptural requirements for church leadership. (I Tim. 3 and Titus 1)
• Any other duties assigned by the Pastor
* Please understand that not all submissions will receive a response.
* Under no circumstances shall you contact the Church Staff directly.