This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Covenant Church
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 04/01/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Covenant Church, an Evangelical Covenant Church, is a Biblically-based, missions-supportive, neighborhood church marking its 50th year this year! We are seeking a Senior Pastor who is enthusiastic, energetic, innovative, motivating, and a visionary to lead us forward. Our mission is to reach and change lives for Christ – in our local community and in the world. We are a church who is willing and eager to serve others in the name of Jesus. We are located in Burnsville, Minnesota, a prominent, accessible, and diverse suburb of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
*A 4-year college degree plus one of the following three things:
1. An advanced divinity degree (masters or higher); or
2. Licensing and/or ordination by Covenant or similar denomination; or
3. A track record of successful ministry experience.
* Collaborative, empowering, and mentoring leadership style
* Ability to cast a clear, strong vision and inspire change
* A strong personal faith grounded in a life of prayer, a study of the scriptures, and a close community with other believers.
* Committed to outreach and ministry to our community and the world, and will be open and sensitive to the Holy Spirit in discerning a vision for the outreach and ministry of our church.
* Strong teaching, counseling, organizational, management, and communication skills, including interpersonal skills that relate to people of all ages.
* A willingness to adhere to the policy of the Evangelical Covenant Church to administer the sacrament of baptism to BOTH infants and adults.
* Provide the visionary leadership for the church, bringing it to the next level & for the next generation.
* Oversee, equip, shepherd, and provide appropriate leadership to the pastoral staff and lay leaders.
* Preach and teach the Word of God by faithfully delivering biblically based, Spirit-filled messages that are relevant, compelling, inspirational, educational, evangelistic, and that promote practical application in the lives of the congregation.
* Provide strategic and objective oversight of all aspects of church operations including direct ministry (e.g. missions & outreach, spiritual formation, student and children’s, etc.) and indirect ministry (e.g., finance, communications, facilities, human resources).
Theological Perspective and Governing Beliefs:
In the Evangelical Covenant Church, we affirm 1) the centrality of the Word of God; 2) the necessity of the new birth; 3) a commitment to the whole mission of the church; 4) the church as a fellowship of believers; 5) a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit; 6) the reality of freedom in Christ.
The non-negotiable beliefs that we adhere to are 1) God created the world; 2) Jesus Christ is the Son of God; 3) Mary was a virgin; 4) One holy church; 5) Jesus lived a perfect life (no sin); 6) Crucifixion/resurrection; 7) Forgiveness of sins; 8) Jesus died for all; and 9) Jesus will return.
If the above job description matches your qualifications and the affirmations and beliefs represent your own theological position, please apply by emailing a cover letter and up-to-date resume to SeniorPastorApplicants@faithcovenant.org.