This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/22/2011
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Part-Time
Bethel Church is currently seeking a part-time Audio Engineer to help provide a good worship experience for the congregation of Bethel Church. He/She should be proficient in the art of audio engineering with the ability to learn new equipment and facilities.
Bethel is a growing, non-denominational, evangelical church that is striving to exalt Jesus Christ through expository preaching, God-saturated worship, loving community, and gospel outreach. We are 45 minutes south of downtown Chicago in Northwest Indiana. Our services run 2300 people in one Saturday and two Sunday morning services. Visit bethelweb.org for more information about the church.
- Give testimony and life witness of being a committed believer in Jesus Christ and spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry.
- Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable).
- Be committed to teamwork within the worship/media ministries as well as with other staff and lay leaders within the church.
- Be experienced in mixing live bands.
- Have a strong initiative to learn, grow, and be innovative in improving the sound at Bethel.
- Have a good understanding of room acoustics, instrument tones, & contemporary worship sound.
- Be able to develop, train, and lead a team of volunteers.
- In conjunction with the worship leader, have the ability to oversee a rehearsal.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Bethel Church.
To provide a quality sound experience for the congregation of Bethel Church.
- Be in attendance for all rehearsals that coordinate with the weekend service—these include but are not limited to Wednesday nights, Saturday evenings, and Sunday mornings.
- Ensure that all instruments and sound equipment is ready before rehearsals begin.
- Be prepared for rehearsals by listening to the songs prior to the rehearsal and mix accordingly.
- Mix weekend services.
- Record the sermon during every service.
- Record the live worship when necessary.
- Research and make proposals for any sound improvement. This includes but is not limited to equipment, acoustics, room fixes, etc.
- Maintain all audio equipment. This includes but is not limited to repair, cleaning, replacement, and installation.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.