First Baptist Church of Collinsville is searching for a Sr. Pastor who is an experienced visionary leader who can help our congregation carry out God’s mission. Our Sr. Pastor of 6 years has recently resigned due to an illness which has made this search necessary. The rest of our Pastoral Team consists of a Worship Pastor, Youth Pastor and a part-time Visitation Pastor. We are searching for a leader who can join with our existing staff and help guide and direct our congregation towards God’s plan.
First Baptist has been in existence for over 100 years and is located in Collinsville, IL, 14 miles east of St. Louis Missouri. Our congregation has about 250 active members, predominantly white, and middle class. We have an intense love and loyalty to our church as well as a passion for those far from God. A large portion of our congregation is over 60 and our desire is to reach younger families. We have come to realize in the past few years that Children’s Ministries is where God has called us but we are finding it difficult to implement that vision. In seeking to achieve this goal, we are praying that God will provide us with an experienced man of God with skills in leadership, discernment and conflict resolution.Qualifications
The senior pastor will be a man of established true Christian character, qualified to preach and teach the Word of God as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. He must be conservative theologically and willing to perform his duties in accordance with the constitution and bylaws of First Baptist Church. He must be a graduate of an accredited seminary with at least 10 years of pastoral experience. Responsibilities
• The pastor is responsible for leading the church to function as a New Testament church, instructing the members in true practical Christian living.
• Spends regular time in personal Bible study and prayer
• He is responsible for studying, preaching and teaching the word of God.
• Collaborates with the Music Pastor in Worship service planning
• Oversee, equip and provide appropriate leadership to the pastoral staff.
• Plan overall direction of the church with the pastoral staff and Board of Deacons
• Communicate the vision of the church clearly and consistently to the church body, ensuring its execution
• Provide an example of financial stewardship within the church body.
• Supports both local and global missions
• Motivates and encourages the congregation to prioritize their prayer lives.
• Provide counseling (Crisis, Marriage, Pre-Marital, etc…)Authority and Accountability
Pastoral authority lies in the authority of the Word of God (2 Timothy 4:1-2). The senior pastor is accountable to the congregation through the Deacons for the performance of his duties. To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org