This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worsip and Arts
Pasadena Covenant Church
Pasadena, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF WORSHIP & ARTS
Through worship and the arts this pastor seeks to glorify God and help make the vision of Pasadena Covenant Church happen. Serving out of a deep appreciation for grace this pastor shall lead others into times of worship, spiritual health, hospitality, and ministry.
The worship pastor will provide leadership and management for all worship services – planning, directing, and participating as a leader. The scope of this position includes leadership for all elements of the worship service which includes but is not limited to: worship teams, vocal and instrumental ensembles or choirs, technical personnel, creative worship elements, serving and greeting teams.
We are looking for a leader that thrives in a team environment, one who can provide passion and energy, and help make the vision of the church happen.
Job Type: Full-time position of 40+ hours a week.
Compensation: Salary established by qualifications and experience, a benefit package is provided.
Reports To: Lead Pastor – Tim Dally
The Pastor of Worship Arts will embrace the Christian story and provide the environment in which the Gospel is celebrated, affirmed, renewed, practiced, and proclaimed. The environment created will need to be in step with who we are, who we have been, and who we are becoming as we live a vision – To seek God and to share God – in the place where we are. We want to be biblical, devotional, missional, and connectional.
Leadership for this ministry requires growing faith, a personal testimony, integrity, a servant’s heart, spiritual devotion, moral purity, and healthy relationships. We would love to find someone who will love both the church and the community, someone who would use their gifts and skills both inside and outside the church. The right person will embrace our stated vision, live our values with us, be preoccupied with the mission of God, and respect our doctrine. We need someone who has a responsible professional approach that seeks to be organized, have an exemplary work ethic, be a self-starter, and be dependable as a teammate.
The ideal candidate needs to possess a pastor’s heart. The person will need to be someone who can create a strong sense of community among those who participate. The skills of disciple-making, recruiting, empowering, motivating and mentoring are desired. We would like the person to exhibit an enthusiastic and pastoral presence in ministry, on the stage, and as part of a leadership team. A passion for the spiritual health of the artist community is an important component. It is preferred that the Worship Pastor be a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, or would be willing to take steps to be in good standing in the Covenant Ministerium and in agreement with the theological distinctives and values.
1. Both experience and education count. We would prefer someone with a
Bachelor of Arts degree and a minimum of 3 years full-time or 5 years part-time.
2. The person shall have demonstrated success in various worship
environments. We currently have a blended service that leans contemporary and will be looking to duplicate and also create alternative environments in the near future. We will want to explore and launch various worship experiences while staying with our current campus.
3. Experience in an urban environment or church would be important. Our
church exists in a very diverse and densely populated place. We have recently completed a demographic study that will be discussed as a part of the interview process.
1. We would like to find someone who is skilled vocally and also on at least one
2. They must have a knowledge and ability to communicate in terms of multiple
3. Strong music reading, theory, arrangement, and charting skills are important.
4. Needs to be knowledgeable and comfortable with a variety of styles, genres,
initiatives, and ministries.
5. Understands the use of creative arts in the context of worship in both small
and large group gatherings.
6. Able to organize, administrate, plan, budget, and successfully execute
rehearsals, worship, events, meetings, and ministry teams.
7. Competent and comfortable with technologies utilized – sound, lights,
software, internet resources, and video projection.
1. Leads worship approximately 34-37 weekends and events per year.
(We are currently planning multiple services in the near future)
2. Provides leadership throughout the year for weekend worship and is responsible for
who will lead when absent.
3. Provides overall organization for worship services and special events.
This includes participation, organization, management and execution.
4. Works with Pastors and Worship Team in the planning and production of
themed worship services and special events; providing oversight and coordination to selection, innovation, preparation, and presentation.
5. Ongoing execution of duties would include: song selection, media
presentation, coordination of teams of volunteer musicians, vocalists,
technicians, actors, directors, hospitality, greeters, and artists.
6. Ensures all the musical and technical aspects of the services or events are
accomplished in advance and fit the theme.
7. Develops relationships with those outside the church, those in other churches
and builds relationships with local artists and promoters.
8. Willing to embrace and serve in other areas as needed in the work of PCC.
9. Participates in staff meetings and staff development opportunities.
10. Develops an annual ministry plan and budget for the appropriate ministry
areas of oversight.
11. Regular attendance at PCC services.
12. Continued development of gifts and skills.
IF INTERESTED SUBMIT:
1. A resume with cover letter and contact information (references will be
asked for later)
2. DVD and/or any submissions of work and ministry experience
3. Send packet to church address listed above to the attention of
Tim Dally/Kyle Michealsen