This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Southbridge Church is seeking a director for our children’s ministry, SouthBridge Kids. The position is part time and requires about 10- 15 hours per week, which can include working from home.
Primary responsibility: Empowering and equipping adult volunteers to minister to children. You will oversee and manage an already well established, staffed, and organized SB Kids ministry that takes place during our worship service on Sunday mornings. SB Kids presently ministers to our children very effectively. SB Kids ministers to children from birth through 5th. The ministry breaks down into divisions of: nursery, toddlers, pre-school, and K-5.
The position calls more for strong organizational and management skills than it does for visionary and dreaming. Our interim director will be available to train you and hand the ministry over to you.
Additionally, further opportunities are available in this position for our summer Day Camp (one week only) and other ministries.
SB Kids currently averages 12 volunteers and 25 children per Sunday morning. We are growing, but at a manageable pace. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Equipping and empowering adult volunteers to minister to children through…
1. Overseeing and scheduling adult volunteers
2. Being point person for questions, concerns, and emergencies that volunteers may have.
3. Recruiting and training new volunteers as needed.
4. Keeping the ministry supplied
5. Occasionally copying and distributing curriculum
6. Keeping the senior pastor updated on a weekly basis
7. Occasionally teaching kids directly on a Sunday
8. Weekly communication with volunteers
9. Interacting with KidCheck online system
1. Depth of Character growing in Christ-likeness with spiritual gift of leadership and God-given passion for seeing children grow in Christ.
2. Evidence of cultivated church ministry experience.
3. Agreement with SouthBridge Church’s doctrine, vision, and values.
4. Demonstrated track record of equipping adult volunteers to do the work of ministry as well as a passion for helping children and their families grow in Christ.
5. Working knowledge of the developmental and spiritual needs of children birth through 5th grade.
6. Demonstrated track record of a positive attitude, ability to think on the fly, and propensity to solve problems.
7. Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, administrative, organizational, communication and time management skills.
8. Demonstrated record of being a team player, innovator, and self-starter.
9. Bachelor’s degree (or in the process of achieving.)