This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tabernacle Church of Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
• Believe teens are the future of the church and essential to the mission of Christ…
• Want to make a huge impact for Christ and his kingdom through teens…
• Are passionate about teens coming to Christ and being transformed into his image…
• Enjoy working in a diverse economic and ethnic community . . .
• Possess a fun side that students love and a mature side that parents appreciate…
Then you may be the man Tab Church is looking for!
Tabernacle Church of Norfolk is a non-denominational church of 850 children, youth and adults located in Norfolk, VA. This is a great opportunity to step into a student ministry of 50+ students which has the potential for fast growth. We have a pastoral staff of seven who enjoy one another and a church positioned to impact Norfolk.
We are seeking a man who will live, breathe and sleep our mission and strategy; but who can also bring fresh ideas to the table. We want to be up front about expectations…plan to work hard. You will be recruiting, managing and leading a great group of students and adults with high expectations for growth. You are the only paid staff member in the Student Ministry and you will be working 50 hours a week planning, executing and leading a ministry that is going to change the lives of hundreds of students. It’s eternal work…but it’s no walk in the park.
Here is what we are looking for in our next Student Pastor:
1. 3+ years experience in an evangelical multi-staff church.
2. Bachelor’s degree required; Bible college a plus.
4. Proven track record of building teams and leading leaders.
5. Passionate about pouring yourself into small group leaders.
6. Strong “up front” speaker (a DVD will be required of final candidates).
7. A heart for God and for personal spiritual formation.
8. Teens love hanging out with you…parents trust you.
Interested candidates should submit the following to StudentPastorSearch@tabchurch.org
• Cover letter
Note: Resumes will be accepted via email only. No phone calls please.