This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of First Impressions
Eagle Rock, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Eagle Rock, CA
Job Opening: Pastor of First Impressions
Under the supervision of the Pastor for Kingdom, Recovery and First Impressions, the First Impressions Pastor is the primary person who leads CA’s First Impressions efforts to extend the welcome of God to all who come to Christian Assembly. CA’s First Impressions ministry focuses on providing the best experience for every person who is a part of our weekend services, including overseeing and directing our weekend services.
The role requires an ability to be a visionary leader, have guest relations skills and experience, as well as an ability to know how to handle stressful/conflict/emergency situations. This pastoral leadership position is a role that requires a relational, visionary and innovative person.
* Oversee all aspects of guest relations aspects of the weekend services:
* Security/Parking Lot Team
* Connection Center/New People’s Table
* Emergency Response Team
* Community Relations efforts (parking issues, etc.)
* Recruit, train, and provide leadership development for all teams.
* Oversee and supervise the Lead Weekend Technical Director’s role; assist in supervising departmental administrative assistant.
* Attend and lead the weekly production meeting with the co-senior pastors, weekend speaker(s), worship leader(s), and church administrator; attend a weekly First Impressions Staff team meeting and a monthly All Staff meeting.
* Oversee and execute the guest relations aspect at weekend services during three weekends per month and all of the major weekend services (Easter, Student Ministries, Harvest, and Christmas weekend services).
* In conjunction with the department’s administrative assistant, maintain weekly communication with volunteers and key staff members regarding weekend services.
* Manage and oversee the “guest relations aspect” of baptisms performed at CA on a quarterly basis, with the assistance of the department administrative assistant.
* Provide leadership in areas regarding confronting, disciplining and mediating conflict resolution with FIT members and guests at our weekend services.
* With assistance of the department administrative assistant, ensure that the First Impressions webpage on the CA website is update and maintained.
* In collaboration with the Community Life Team, provide assistance in implementing an assimilation process for all newcomers to CA.
* Oversee and implement Emergency Response Plan for weekend services.
* Oversee the Sports Ministries, including the CA softball teams.
* Oversee the quality assurance of videos and announcement slides shown at weekend services by communicating with the appropriate departments involved.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
TOTAL HOURS FOR FIRST IMPRESSIONS: 128 hours/month (80% of monthly hours)
The remaining monthly hours will be utilized to assist in leading CA’s Kingdom (local or international) or Recovery efforts. This designation will be determined based on final candidate’s experience, skills/talents/gifting, and interest.
TOTAL HOURS FOR KINGDOM OR RECOVERY EFFORTS: 32 hours/month (20% of monthly hours)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Leadership, initiative, and administrative ability; ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands; excellent organizational, managerial, problem solving, oral and written communication skills; self-awareness and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree required; leadership experience within a church setting; leading within a guest relations/customer service experience.
Resume Submission Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
Start Date: Anytime between May 1 and June 1, 2011.
Salary information: Salary to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
For more information: Please contact us at (323) 255-1421 or FITjob@caeaglerock.com
2424 Colorado Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90041