This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Contemporary Music Ministries
North Raleigh United Methodist Church
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 02/05/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION: Director of Contemporary Music Ministries (Part-time)
JOB DESCRIPTION: North Raleigh United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time (12 hrs/week) Director of Contemporary Music Ministries. This position will lead the musical worship in "Souljourn", our Sunday Morning contemporary worship service.
• Preparing and leading the music during the Souljourn weekly worship service
• Working closely with Associate Pastor to ensure continuity and excellence in worship
• Serving on "Core Team" worship planning committee, which meets twice monthly.
• Assisting with technical issues such as soundboard balance.
• Working in conjunction with the Associate Director of Music Ministries (accompanist).
• The candidate must be an inspirational musician with a strong Christian faith
• Understand the role and importance of music in worship and other aspects of church life
• Knowledge of liturgy with experience in Christian contemporary music and form
• Experience in conducting vocal and instrumental ensembles
• Piano skills sufficient to serve as substitute pianist when needed
• Ability to plan special music around the liturgical year and/or sermon themes
• Organizational and planning skills required to plan and coordinate band rehearsals and personnel
• Desire to actively participate in the life, work and worship of this congregation
• Able to effectively interact with a wide variety of persons of differing ages and backgrounds
• A Bachelor’s degree in music is preferred
TO APPLY: Send resume and a cover letter highlighting your personal faith journey, interest in serving as the Director of Contemporary Music Ministries and vision for this ministry, noting any relevant work experiences. Also include three references and their contact information and, if possible, video sample of music performance. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25th and indicate “Director of Contemporary Music Ministries” in the subject line.
Located in Raleigh, NC, North Raleigh United Methodist Church is a growing church committed to providing: dynamic and transforming worship; discipleship that empowers; a loving and supportive church community; and outreach services that minister to the needs of our neighbors, locally and globally. For more information, visit www.nrumc.org.