This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crosby, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/03/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Aggressive church that is always willing to challenge and be challenged to stretch ourselves to impact our world.
We are looking for a High School Minister which is ~
• Passionate and driven to win the lost, build disciples and train up soul winners for the kingdom.
• A strong leadership qualities to recruit and equip volunteers, build various ministries within the teen ministry to reach our region with the gospel.
• Able to grow ministry spiritually, relationally and numerically.
• Ready to have a well-built presence in our area high schools, neighborhoods and families.
• A person or persons who must function within the vision of the church and Senior Pastor.
A higher education degree is preferred but not mandatory
Note: Please include a photo of yourself and your family (if applicable) with resume.
A. Job Description
The youth pastor shall have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the youth ministry of Crosby Church. Responsibility is inclusive of High School students.
1. Preach weekly to youth.
2. Oversee youth services.
3. Organize monthly trips, youth camps, lock-ins, ect.
4. Schedule at least 1 long range mission trip annually.
5. Schedule at least 2 short range missions’ trips or outreaches annually.
6. Develop regular outreach to students in our regional school districts. Lunch with students, speak at bible studies and get involved with team chaplaincy with local coaches.
7. Organize and carry out fundraisers for youth ministry.
8. Correspond with youth, parents and the churches ministries to keep them informed of the youth ministry.
9. Train adult volunteers and youth to minister to youth.
1. Marrying couples.
2. Assisting in performing funerals.
3. Leading other meetings requested of senior pastor.
4. Assist care pastor with hospital and home visitations.
D. Preaching and Teaching
Preach the word (Act. 14:15, II Timothy 4:2) on Wednesday evenings to the youth and any other duties assigned by the senior pastor. Do this by, discharging these duties with love, faithfulness, impartiality and fearfulness, knowing that he will be held accountable for the welfare of the youth under the Senior Pastor.
1. Give guidance, direction and training to all youth staff, disciple them for a fruitful ministry.
2. Coordinate the use of our facilities for youth activities and youth meetings with the church event coordinator.
3. Constantly evaluate the objectives and effectiveness of youth ministry, implementing improvements and changes wherever needed.
F. Pastoral Care
1. Lead, guide and instruct youth in personal Christian growth and development.
2. Teach and instruct –offer advice when called upon.
3. Calling on prospects – share with other church pastors in calling on new prospects, giving special attention to youth.
4. Hospital visitation – Share with other church pastors in ministering to the sick, giving special attention to youth.
G. Youth Pastor Qualifications
1. A committed Christian living in accordance with the Word of God.
2. Agree with doctrinal statement of the church.
3. Ability to be flexible and teachable.
4. Ability to communicate with all groups in the scope of his/her ministry and beyond.
5. Willing to be a servant.
6. Be licensed with Crosby Church for ministry.
H. Training and Development
1. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience.
2. Attend conferences, workshops and/or conventions for personal and ministry enrichments.
3. Continuous training in the Bible and human resources.
4. Be thoroughly informed and experienced in youth ministry methodology.