This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Young Adult and Worship Pastor
Westside Baptist Church
Waynesville, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 02/02/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
FT Young Adult and Contemporary Worship Pastor- Westside Baptist Church, Waynesville, MO, is seeking a FT Young Adult and Worship Pastor to lead contemporary worship and develop a Young Adult ministry in an untapped ministry area in our growing, military community. Please send resume to Westside Baptist Church, 801 Historic 66 W. Waynesville, MO. 65583.
POSITION: Young Adult and Music Pastor
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a Christian. Must clear a criminal background check. The Young Adult and Music Pastor shall possess qualities of leadership, good communication and adaptability. He shall maintain the highest level of moral and ethical standards.
EMPLOYMENT: 12 months (minimum of 40 hours weekly)
SUPERVISED BY: Associate Pastor/Administrator
JOB GOAL: The Young Adult and Music Pastor is responsible to the Lord and Westside
Baptist Church, to equip Young Adults to grow in Christian Maturity through Music and ministry.
1. To plan and oversee the contemporary services in conjunction with the Pastor and or Associate Pastor.
2. To work with the Worship Ministry Team in determining music ministry goals, calendaring, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administrative needs.
3. To lead the Praise band, and singers to help facilitate worship.
4. To actively enlist and equip people to lead in worship (band, singing, speaking, etc.)
5. To oversee the Young Adult Ministry.
6. To plan, promote, coordinate and delegate ministry activities for the Young Adult Ministry. (Bible studies for Sunday Morning, Small group Bible studies at church and at homes, Young Adult Activities, conferences, mission activities etc.)
7. To be actively involved in the church visitation ministry and to encourage other young adults to participate.
8. To recruit and train leaders/teachers to help lead Young Adult Sunday School Classes and LifeGroups
9. To oversee the Web Page, to make sure it is updated and informative.
10. To oversee the Audio/Visual Staff to ensure adequate staffing and training. To ensure all A/V equipment is working properly.
11. To oversee the training and use of multi-media and presentation software.
12. Coordinate Greeter and Usher Ministry.
13. To assist the pastors with such events as, Lord’s Supper, baptism, weddings, funerals, hospital, home visitation and counseling.
14. To attend weekly staff meetings.
15. To serve as a member of and attend Church Council Meetings.
16. To promote activities through the church bulletin and newsletter.
17. To assist in planning and promoting all special activities of the church such as: Judgment House, concerts, Power Team, dinner theater, Musicals, and etc.
18. To submit an annual budget for the Young Adult Ministry, Music, and Audio Visual Ministries.
19. Plan and calendar activities with the church office.
20. To attend church, associational and statewide worship and educational training programs (as allowed by the church budget).
21. To carry out other duties assigned by Pastor or Associate Pastor.
1. Salary will be paid over a 12 month period.
2. Pay Checks will be distributed semi-monthly.
3. Sick days, days off, paid holidays, etc. are in accordance to the Personnel Handbook.
1. The Young Adult and Music Pastor will be evaluated by the Associate Pastor/Administrator.