This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Ni River Community Church
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 02/01/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: Ni River Community Church is a non-denominational Christian contemporary community church. Its musical library consists of contemporary worship and secular selections. This key staff person is a part of the Programming Team, with specific responsibility for shepherding and supporting all arts programs of Ni River Community Church to include those for Adult, Youth (titled “Rush Hour”), Children (titled “Team Kid Outreach” (TKO)) and mid-week “New Community” worship services and special events.
Accountability: Serves as a member of the Staff Management Team under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
Time Requirements: This is a Full-time staff position.
General Areas of Responsibility:
1. General Leadership
• Provide general shepherding and oversight of the entire arts ministry of the church.
• Model what it means to be a Christ follower in character and commitment (devotional life, prayer, servant hood, humility and grace).
• Musically gifted, with a strong passion for loving and encouraging others in the building of ministry teams.
• Shepherd all music ministry participants in their spiritual development. Spiritual growth first; musical growth second.
• Oversee recruitment, training and coordinating of volunteer personnel.
• Close working relationship/communication with the Senior Pastor.
1. Arts Ministry Direction and Oversight
A. Adult Service
• Provide shepherding to all arts ministry leaders/participants within the Programming Team.
• Serve as Music Director for worship band.
• Active participation in worship service Programming Team meetings from both a musical and overall content perspective.
• Coordinate music with the Programming Team that is relevant, thematic, and packaged to fit with other programming materials.
Sunday Morning Worship:
• Plan music content for Sunday worship band in step with Programming Team progress. Develop and distribute music/rehearsal materials to team participants.
• Coordinate schedule of serving musicians to meet their needs and selected music instrumentation requirements.
• Schedule, convene and direct Worship band rehearsals.
• Sunday Mornings:
- Overall production and direction coordination with Programming and Technical Directors.
- Oversee direction and performance level of worship team.
- Coordinate timely Sunday morning technical rehearsal.
B. Rush Hour, Team Kid Outreach (TKO) and New Community Worship:
• Raise up and shepherd music directors/worship leaders.
- Coordinate/assist in the gathering of materials to include music, CDs and rehearsal material.
- Assist leaders in biblical solutions to leadership and team challenges.