This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship
Calvary Christian Center
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/31/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS A DEGREE IN MUSIC/COMMENSURATE EXPERIENCE, HAVE STRONG CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP SKILLS, BE FLUENT IN PRAISE AND WORSHIP, GOSPEL, HYMNS, and STRONG ORGANIZTIONAL SKILLS.
The Pastor of Worship develops, plans, and implements policies and procedures to support musical activities of the church. Generally manages a group of contract/staff musicians. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Reports to Senior Pastor. Primary duties include maintenance of the following entities for Calvary Christian Center: Sanctuary Choir, Praise Team, Children's Choir, Youth Choir and Men’s Choir. Will provide additional musicians as required to ensure a satisfactory music ministry. Must coordinate additional musicians with the Pastor.
The duties of the Pastor of Worship include but are not limited to the following:
1. Worship Services. Play/conduct/direct the music at all services each Sunday each month, excluding days off as pre-determined by the contract.
2. Outside Engagements. Play for two outside engagements per month and not be compensated in addition to his/her salary. The Pastor of Worship will be notified as soon as possible of any outside engagements.
3. Cantatas. Play/conduct/direct cantatas as scheduled by the church to include Easter and Christmas.
4. Special Programs. Play, conduct, and direct the music during the week of special events, e.g. revivals.
5. Choir Rehearsals. Hold a scheduled choir rehearsal each week for the praise team and choirs that will sing on the upcoming Sunday. The Pastor of Worship shall meet all rehearsals of the various choirs.
6. Coordination with Pastor. The Pastor of Worship shall coordinate with the Pastor or his designee on a weekly basis and discuss all facets of the Church musical program. Furthermore, the Pastor of Worship shall serve as the music resource person for educational programs and other groups within the church.