This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Youth and Young Adults
Word Of Life Mission Church
Niverville, Manitoba, Canada
Date Posted: 01/26/2011
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults Position for Word of Life Mission Church
The Word of Life Church in Niverville, Manitoba, is seeking an Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults to be responsible for the discipleship, guidance and management of youth ministries in this vibrant and growing non-denominational congregation of approximately 600 people. We are in need of an energetic, enthusiastic and creative person who can connect and build relationships with youth and their families as well as the young adults in the church family and community.
The primary focus is Youth and Young Adult Ministries. As a member of the Staff Leadership Team, this position will report to the Lead Pastor. The WOL operates using a Church Leadership Team style of church governance.
Associate Pastor Position:
The candidate will be responsible for the management of existing WOL youth ministries -
Junior Youth and Senior Youth as well as growing a young adults ministry in the God-given direction and vision of the church.
This entails but is not limited to:
- planning, coordinating and implementing the youth ministries
- managing youth ministry volunteer staff
- liaison to pastoral staff
- liaison to other youth ministries in the community
- will work in cooperation with family and children`s ministries at WOL
This position also includes:
- Planning and coordination of various church functions and other special events
- Assisting with counselling, teaching, visitations as assigned
- Officiating at weddings and funerals as needed
- General office administration
- Specifics to be determined.
The candidate for this position must:
- Have an authentic, intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a definite call to the youth ministry
- Be a person of integrity
- Possess a minimum of a three (3) year degree in Biblical Studies
- Education specifically in Youth Ministry
- Possess demonstrated management skills such as: excellent interpersonal skills, excellent conflict resolution skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have the demonstrated ability to work well with teams
- Have a teachable servant’s heart
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge in information technology
- Have directly related experience in ministry of a congregation of comparable size
- Familiarity with the culture of the community
- Education and/or experience in the counselling field
- Understanding of multi-media and information technology would be an asset
Resumes accepted until March 1, 2011.
For more information, please see our church website found at www.wordoflifeniverville.com.
If interested in pursuing this ministry opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by:
Mail: Word of Life Church, Box 310, Niverville, MB. R0A 1E0