This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Communications Administrative Assistant
WaterStone Community Church
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 01/25/2011
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
WaterStone Community Church
Job Title: Communications Administrative Assistant
Pastoral Staff: NO
Reports To: Assimilation Pastor
Department: Assimilation Pastor
Pay Type: HOURLY, 20 HRS/WEEK
General Purpose: To pursue the vision, mission, and guiding principles of WaterStone as a member of an administrative support team to provide support and assistance to the staff. Although this position primarily supports a consistent set of staff, all administrative assistants work together to provide support to the entire pastoral and ministry staff. This role primarily supports the Assimilation Pastor with the weekly bulletin, and church wide promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to Assimilation Pastor, including but not limited to: correspondence, scheduling, task and e-mail management , ordering promotional materials for upcoming church wide series or events, taking notes and relaying information for new communication policies, communicating to staff communication policies, filing, copying, and church-related errands.
• Bulletin: Organize weekly bulletin requests for church departments, organize last-minute requests, insert bulletin requests into bulletin, proofread bulletin, and communicate with volunteer to print bulletin.
• Attendance at staff meetings and other meetings as requested by Lead Pastor, Director of Operations, Executive Pastor, Senior Pastor & Elders.
• Maintenance of confidentiality concerning church matters, especially relating to counseling and pastoral care matters.
• Participate in annual evaluation process concerning job performance.
• Work with Assimilation Pastor to organize upcoming changes to the communications policies.
• Maintain the Advertising/Publicity calendar and coordinate with the overall church calendar.
• Help create and maintain systems to provide an organized environment for church wide communications.
• Improve and maintain communication systems with Assimilation Pastor.
• Work with Worship and Arts Team to develop a brand for each sermon series.
• Maintain our two-month magazine call “Staying Current” with updated information.
• Make sure that our brochures are printed and available for distribution. (Vision brochure and Visitor Brochure.
• Cover the front office once a week to assist volunteer when needed.
• Be a team member of the staff at WaterStone.
• Open and close office on a rotating basis with other administrative assistants.
• Fill in for receptionist’s duties when volunteers are not available.
• As requested by Assimilation Pastor.
Education: High school diploma
Experience or other background demonstrating application of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of:
• Computers and software programs, including all Microsoft Office applications.
• Office equipment
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Relate and work well with other staff members, congregation and community.
• Resolve interpersonal conflict in a positive and effective manner.
• Be detail-oriented
• Work both independently and collaboratively to achieve ministry goals
Must be an active member of WaterStone Community Church and attend worship gatherings on a regular basis. If not a member at the time of hire, must begin process by attending Membership Class at next available offering.