This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mars Hill Bible Church
Grandville, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 01/25/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Other
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
PRIMARY PURPOSE + FUNCTION
The Accounting Manager has responsibility for the financial reporting and accounting administration of Mars Hill. They will lead the development and maintenance of accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and demonstrated experience and ability in financial accounting, control and reporting standards in a corporate environment (for-profit or non-profit).
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workflow, solve problems and manage to multiple deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Expertise working with a number of financial and office related computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point (or Mac equivalent). Shelby Financial Systems and Fellowship One experience is preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with staff at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and respond appropriately under a variety of conditions.
• Strong track record of managing, leading and developing team members.
• Commitment to the mission of Mars Hill.
• At least five years of relevant experience, with a minimum of three years in a supervisory role.
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
1. Managing the use of financial resources of Mars Hill
• Preparation of the annual budget under the direction of the Director of Operations and the Ministry Leadership Team (MLT)
• Preparation of all financial reports including monthly financial statements for MLT, Operations Governance Sub Team and Elder Team
2. Managing the month end and year end closing process in an accurate and timely manner
• Reviewing detailed account reconciliations
• Reviewing all adjusting journal entries
• Performing and/or reviewing account analysis
• Reviewing the general ledger
3. Leading and coordinating the accounting team
• Establishing annual goals and objectives with each team member including monitoring and communicating progress on a regular basis, both formally and informally
• Monitoring and analyzing department work to recommend, develop and implement excellent and efficient processes and procedures
• Performing staff evaluations in coordination with the Director of Operations
4. Maintaining and developing accounting practices, procedures and internal controls
• Recommending and implementing recommendations to improve accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
• Maintaining and improving appropriate accounting policies and procedures manuals
• Advising staff on proper handling of non-routine financial transactions
5. Supporting the Director of Operations
• Assisting to help resolve complex accounting, financial and/or operational issues or opportunities
• Responding to inquiries regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and detailed analysis
• Completing special projects
• Performing other duties as assigned or required
6. Fully participating as a member of the Operations Team and the broader Mars Hill Team
• Attending Operations individual and team meetings and Mars Hill staff meetings
• Working with the Operations Governance Sub Team as appropriate
• Participating in Mars Hill ministry events and activities as necessary
• Assisting the Operations Team with other tasks and projects
Team Leader: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Position Status: Full-time
Office Hours: Regular office hours and other scheduled times
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.