This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Riverside, California, United States
Date Posted: 01/21/2011
Categories: Church Staff
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY: Responsible for connecting people into Sandals Church by overseeing the Connections Coordinator and connections processes, managing the Events Coordinator and overseeing church quarterly events, overseeing church assimilation strategy, and managing volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all church-wide events through Events Coordinator
2. Monitor quality of events to ensure they meet Sandals standards
3. Maintain Events Calendar and plan the following year in partnership with ministry leaders by September
STEP IN (1st TIME VISITORS)
1. Ensure first time visitors are warmly welcomed through the welcome team on Sundays and during the week
2. Track first-time visitors to make sure they are contacted and “loved on” after their first visit to Sandals Church set up a 1-year follow up plan and maintain it
3. Determine what needs to be done to effectively welcome people on Sundays
4. Train teams on “Distraction-Free” service
5. Manage blue card process to ensure all blue cards are followed up on
6. Oversee Parking Team on Sundays
7. Oversee Check-In Team on Sundays
1. Provide training to volunteers and church-wide for people to get plugged into Sandals Church through membership, groups and service
2. Develop and maintain a system to track membership
3. Promote membership within Sandals and increase attendance in membership classes each quarter
4. Responsible for overseeing and/or coordinating the logistics involved with teaching a membership class (room requests, sound requests, chairs, volunteers, etc)
5. Oversee membership interviews by making sure we have people ready to interview, setting up a system to interview/track interviews, etc.
6. Track members performance in the areas of serving and outreach
1. Manage Baptisms
2. Implement multiple venues for people to assimilate to Sandals Church (ie. Community Groups, Family functions, etc.)
1. Ensure people that sign up for community groups are placed in groups within 7 days
2. Through the Creative Team, produce marketing pieces to support community group enrollment as needed
3. Track community group enrollment and retention on a monthly basis
1. Implement a system to centralize volunteer management
2. Ensure all people who volunteer are followed up with within 48 hours
3. Track the retention rate of volunteers
4. Implement an Exit Interview process for volunteers and produce monthly reports on reasons for volunteers stepping down
5. Develop and maintain a system to check in with volunteers at set intervals
6. Monitor volunteers to ensure they are “healthy” and not burning out
1. Manage budgets for all respective areas
2. Prepare and submit equipment/capital purchase proposals on a quarterly basis
3. Ensure employees receive a minimum of 24 hours of training annually
4. Attend a minimum of 24 hours of training annually
5. Prepare agendas for meetings with staff/teams
6. Prepare, update and monitor performance goals with employees semi-annually
7. Conduct weekly meetings with Connections teams
8. Train Connections teams a minimum of once per month
9. Through team leaders, develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all functions
10. Lead staff meetings as needed
11. Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is a director-level position with supervision over the Connections Coordinator, Events Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator (staff positions), lead and equip volunteer teams, and is part of the management team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recruiting, and training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and managing volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
• Ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of this position.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Must have proven track record of leading teams of volunteers and managing supervisory level staff members.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
• Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
• Ability to warmly cast the vision of Sandals Church and invite others to join in
• Ability to shift between changing priorities
• Computer literacy with speedy and accurate data input skills is required
• Must be able to lead multiple volunteer teams
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a university or technical school; or a minimum of five years related management experience and/or training (director level management experience required by successfully managing managers/supervisors); Marketing and Customer Service Management are experience a must; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity. Requires some physical work; lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 15 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
SANDALS CHURCH EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Sandals’ at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Sandals Church Employee Handbook.
For more information, feel free to visit us at http://sandalsgroups.com/users/sandalsjobs/page.php?mode=view&page=606