This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Community Church
House Springs, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 01/21/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The Children's Pastor at Faith Community will be responsible to:
- Lead Children’s Ministries: prepare and implement ministries for children from nursery age through 6th grade; recruit, train and coordinate volunteers within the church to assist in reaching ministry objectives. Our current ministry ranges from approximately 125 children on Sundays to 175 on Wednesdays.
- Assist the leadership team in various other duties including evangelism, visitation, preaching, funerals, weddings, etc.
Supervision: answer directly to Senior Pastor and Administrative Pastor
Qualifications: A bachelors degree or higher is preferred, but not required. Experience will be heavily considered. The applicant must have a heart for God and people as well as a servant’s spirit.
- Integrity & character
- Calling and gifts to minister to children - ability to creatively deliver the Gospel to children
- Leadership ability
- Children’s ministry experience – a minimum of 2 years is required
- Teachable spirit
- Must possess initiative and self-discipline to manage time
- Relationship skills in working with people
- Flexible team player
- Responsible and committed to reaching goals
The Children's Pastor will receive full benefits as part of the salary package. This includes health insurance for the individual and his or her family, a retirement package and paid vacation time.
Faith Community Church is located approximately 15 miles south of the St. Louis County Metropolitan area. The area is comprised of a mixed suburban/rural setting. The population is in excess of 40,000 within a 12-mile radius. Faith Community is a contemporary church that strives to deliver the Gospel in a relevant fashion through worship and the Word. The church is 46 years old and averages over 600 in attendance on Sunday mornings. The current staff includes the Senior Pastor, Administrative Pastor, Student Ministries/Associate Pastor, Children’s/Associate Pastor and support staff. Salary is dependent upon ability and experience. The church staffing site and messaging will not be monitored. If interested, please send a resume including an individual or family picture and all correspondence to the Administrative Pastor, Jon Shirrell at email@example.com. Resumes may also be mailed to the church office. Please, no phone calls without first sending a resume.
Faith Community Church
4824 Scottsdale Rd.
House Springs, MO 63051