This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children Ministries
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
COVENANT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Director of Children Ministries
Vision Statement: “Building a Community… to Reach a Community”
Time Commitment: Full-Time Staff Position
Organization Role: Reports directly to the Director of Ministry Development with Oversight by the Senior Pastor and by the Session of Covenant Church
Overall Purpose/Main Objective of this Position: To lead, oversee, and organize the Children’s Ministries (CM) [from birth to 6th grade] at Covenant Church in fulfilling its Mission and Vision to the children and families of the Church and of our surrounding community. The CM Director is a key staff position because of our firmly held convictions about children being a gift from God (Psalm 127:3), children of believers being beneficiaries of the covenant blessings (1 Corinthians 7:14; Acts 2:39), and therefore part of the household of faith (1 Timothy 3:15). The church’s CM are aimed at assisting parents who are the primary teachers and spiritual coaches for their children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 6:4). Introducing children to Bible teaching at early ages is strategically essential to building the next generation of church leaders (cf. 2 Timothy 3:14-17). The CM Director is a key team member of the Covenant Staff able to inform and report on all that pertains to CM and to keep its prayer concerns central.
1. Promotion of Sunday Children Ministries: The Director of CM must keep the variety of ministry options visible and well-publicized for both our congregation and for visitors. Besides printed materials, personally they are the CMs ambassador at Covenant church.
2. Organization of Sunday Children Ministries: The Director of CM must publicize volunteer needs periodically and strategically as well as personally recruit volunteers in order to fill the various positions (coordinators, teachers, etc.) involved in CM [nursery, toddler, preschool, ‘Main Street’ which has recently been expanded to span K through 6th grade.] The Director of CM is responsible for the training, organizing and scheduling of this vast team of volunteers for all Sunday services as well as gathering necessary security clearances.
3. Excellent classroom experience of Biblical Teaching: The director of CM is responsible for the content and presentation of all Biblical teaching (to the various age groups). Age-appropriate, gospel-centered, Christ-centered, Biblically-based teaching must be monitored, evaluated, and encouraged through feedback, training and modeling for volunteers.
4. Oversight of Sunday Children Ministries Volunteers. The Director of CM must provide periodic evaluation, nurture and encouragement to the various volunteers. This can be accomplished through church-wide recognition and thanks, personal encouragement and cards, seasonal gifts, etc.
5. Childcare Organization. The Director of CM is responsible to organize, recruit, train and schedule childcare for Sunday service (‘The Farm’), for monthly seminars, and for holidays (when applicable).
6. Resource assistance. The Director of CM serves as a resource for all children ministries beyond the purview of Sunday CM.
1. Spearhead Development and Strategy of New Children Ministries.
2. Develops along with Director of Ministry Development a ‘kids visitor assimilation and absentee follow-up’ plan
3. Provide on-going training opportunities for Volunteer Team
4. Maintain and Update CM Policies and Procedures
5. Provide Organizational Assistance regarding Growth and Development of CM
6. Plans, Formulates and Proposes Annual CM Calendar of Events
7. Develops and Proposes Annual CM Budget
8. Coordinates Ordering, Organizing and Maintenance of Needed Supplies and Curriculum for use within the CM.
Essential Gifts that the CM Director Must Possess:
1. A Heart for God and Vision for Children.
2. Administrative and Organizational Gifts
3. Personal Skills: A welcoming smile, an approachable posture and a friendly demeanor. The CM Director is on the front-line of personalities for all young families. The CM demeanor as calm, warm and loving will reassure parents (both members and visitors) that our CM are safe, caring and seeking the good of their child.
4. Team-building gifts including the ability to recruit, train and lead a Youth Team. Must be a director (coach) not merely a doer (player) of ministry. Ability to Communicate and enfold parents in task of nurturing and connecting with their teens.
1. Strong Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ, and a commitment to serve Him.
2. Leadership experience with Children’s Ministry programs and/or comparable teaching credentials/experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Willingness to receive coaching, outside training and on-the-job training.
5. The Director of CM agrees to become a member of Covenant Church.