This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Child Care Director
Bethesda Christian Fellowship
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 01/18/2011
Categories: Christian Education
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethesda Christian Fellowship is seeking a spiritual leader who will demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ as Director of Bethesda Child Care Center. Licensed for 95 children, Bethesda Child Care has been offering caring, compassionate and qualified child care services to the Madison area for families with children ages 0 - 12 for over thirty five years. The qualified candidate should be a capable servant to manage and lead a team of 13-15 full time employees working year round.
• Direct activities of preschool, day care center to provide instruction and care for children.
• Prepare and submit facility budget to board of trustees for approval.
• Authorize purchases for instructional materials and teaching aids, such as books, toys, and games designed to stimulate learning
• Perform interviews and make recommendations in hiring of teaching staff.
• Confer with parents regarding facility activities, policies, and enrollment procedures
• Confer with teaching staff regarding child's behavioral or learning problems and recommend methods of modifying inappropriate behavior and encouraging learning experiences.
• Review and evaluate facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
• Review and approve menu plans and food purchases.
• Arrange medical attention for ill or injured child in accordance with parental instructions.
• Perform classroom teaching duties as needed during absence of the regular teacher.
• Assess program needs
• Articulate a clear vision
• Implement goals
• Evaluate program effectiveness
• Recruit, train, and supervise staff
• Translate program goals into well-written policies and procedures
• Know about leadership styles and group behavior
• Be alert to changing demographics, social and economic trends and developments in the field
• At least 2 years of experience as a child care teacher or center director in a licensed child care center or other approved setting
• Completion of Wisconsin Child Care Administrator Credential or its equivalent.
• A certificate from The Registry, indicating you are on Registry Level 12 or above
CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMMING. As Director you will need to assess each child's needs and assist staff in planning developmentally appropriate experiences. Your organizational skills will be used to implement effective systems to keep track of enrollment, attendance, and anecdotal data. Directors need to understand:
• Developmental patterns in early childhood and their implications for child care
• Environmental psychology and the arrangements of space and materials that support development
• Health, safety, and nutrition in care programs
You may email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org