This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Creative Coordinator
Good Shepherd UMC
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/17/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
Children's Ministry Creative Coordinator-15-20 hours per week
The Children’s Ministry at Good Shepherd is a vibrant, growing ministry to children and their families in the Charlotte area. We are part of a large, supportive congregation, with a vision to partner with parents in the spiritual development of their children. We use 252 basics and the philosophy of Orange is one we walk out from diaper bag to backpack.
This role is for someone called to ministry with children who loves Jesus, is creative, knows how to play, and is organized, passionate and wise.
Day to day supervision and performance evaluation provided by the Children’s Ministry Director
• Partner in creating large group worship experiences, kids worship teams and special events designed for children and/or
• Prepare, edit, distribute, in a timely manner scripts, music, charts and schedules to actors, kids, vocalists, musicians and
other creative’s on a weekly basis.
• Organize rehearsal schedules, assist in casting, directing and auditioning as needed.
• Assist with all Children’s Ministry special projects and events including but not limited to summer kids VBX.
• Help to create, plan and participate with children’s large group events.
• Assist in designing environments that will knock kid’s socks off.
• Partner with training and equipping leaders of children.
• Be flexible, willing to jump in and lead on a moments notice.
• Work cooperatively with Ministry Staff and co-workers performing other duties as needed.
• Minimum of two year on staff or four years volunteering in children’s ministry at a medium or large contemporary style
church (1,400 attendance or more) with at least 150 children in children’s ministry
• Must be proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• High degree of professionalism, discernment, discretion, sensitivity
• Acceptance of Good Shepherd’s statement of faith required
Please submit your resume to email@example.com