This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Fine Arts
Village View Community Church
Summerfield, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 08/06/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Worship/Fine Arts Pastor
Looking for worshipper that has an understanding of an inter-generational church. We do 5 weekend services (both traditional and blended/contemporary). Must have an understanding of the multiple-venue, multi-site experience. Must be able to speak to A/V as well as fully understand music theory and vocals/choir at a VERY high level. Purpose Driven Model, high energy, fast pace, great team environment. No Lone Rangers or All Stars. Looking for a leader, developer, team builder, mentor and must be a great connector. Must be able to work with existing teams, current worship pastor and develop other worship teams, with a preference toward leading worship with a guitar. Please be sure to submit videos or online links to videos with resume.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Job Category: Worship Arts Pastor
Job Status: Full-time
Education required: Bachelors
Experience required (years): 5 minimum in church of 800 or larger
Worship Style: Multiple styles
Submit to: WFA@villageviewchurch.com
WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Village View Community Church
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of Village View Church.
4. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over the past few year?
1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
4. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
7. Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
8. A self-starter
9. A team player with a positive attitude.