This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Graphic Designer/Motion Designer
Hope Community Church
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2011
Categories: Church Staff - Other
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hope Community Church in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Graphic Designer/Motion Designer to provide creative ideas and execution for our ministry staff in the creation and development of media materials that support the mission and vision of the church. Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail. The ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities is necessary. This is a great opportunity to join a team with a thriving, non-denominational, multi-site church of 6500+ in Raleigh, NC. This church is open to creative ideas and effective strategies to reaching a diverse audience and engaging them to experience Jesus.
To create missionally-aligned visual designs for church ministries. This role will evaluate and create effective visual communication to enhance the church's image and the image of the church's ministries.
• Upon project approval by the Communications Director, perform the following: Collaborate with ministry team to brainstorm, develop ideas and create branded promotion materials for campaigns, initiative and special events; Design and/or assist ministries in the production of promotional materials for various ministries including T-shirts, flyers, banners, slides, posters, signage, brochures, etc.; Communicate with ministry teams regarding approvals and edits, review and approve designs, coordinate production time lines and budgets with and for ministry teams; Oversee, review and approve all design elements created by communications team members, volunteers or partner ministries for distribution or display to congregation and/or community as representing the church; Prioritize design projects and production/implementation based on coordination with ministry teams.
• Manage and maintain consistency of Hope’s visual brand across all media formats and multi-site locations.
• Collaborate with web developer and ministry teams to design and implement graphic need for websites.
• Design brand graphics (logos, related print and digital collateral) for printed materials, screen graphics and installations for use in ministry areas, events and within church buildings; oversee production of printed and installed collateral.
• Manage relationships with various third-party vendors; obtain quotes.
• Establish and work within production time lines for printed materials.
• Design advertising and direct mail materials based on communications team advertising and marketing plans.
Skills and Abilities Preferred
• Excellent design skills.
• Expert knowledge of entire Adobe Creative Suite. (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Contribute, Premiere Pro, Soundbooth, OnLocation, Encore, Dreamweaver, Fireworks)
• Expert knowledge of commercial printing process and press checking.
• Ability to move quickly between multiple projects while continually raising the bar on creative assignments.
• An advanced sense of branding, design/layout and color as well as strong typography skills required.
• Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ & His Church.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Education and Experience Preferred:
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of four years professional design experience.
• Adobe certification a plus.
• Church experience a plus.
• Video editing and motion graphics a plus.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com.