Pastor of Mobilization & Outreach
Reports To: Pastor of Ministries
Effective: January 1, 2011
Directly Supervises: Serve Director
Global Outreach Team Leader
Orphan Care Team Leader
Local Impact Team Leader
The Pastor of Mobilization & Outreach will provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the global outreach, orphan care, serve processes and local impact teams of LifePoint Church, formulating vision and strategic partnerships by partnering with LifePoint team leaders and planting like-minded ministries locally and in the 10/40 window.
• The first six months of being in this position the Pastor of Outreach will have a weekly one-on-one with the Sr. Pastor
imparting vision and passion for outreach and social justice.
• In partnership with the Pastor of Ministries create and communicate a vision and philosophy for outreach.
• Supervise the ministry of the Serve Director. Giving that person direction and support in mobilizing people in service both in
and outside the walls of LifePoint Church.
• Along with the Serve Director develop a culture of service and mobilization at LifePoint.
• Recruit and train members to the outreach teams.
• Ensure active two-way communication between supported (financially) outreach partners and LifePoint Church.
• Coordinate and integrate outreach education throughout all of LifePoint ministries and age groups.
• Facilitate outreach projects and short-term trips.
• Recognize, develop, counsel and encourage potential vocational outreach workers at LifePoint Church.
• Provide for assimilation of home assignment supported outreach workers into the life of the church.
• Develop and administer the yearly outreach budgets.
• Keep abreast of issues and dynamics in the world of outreach, compassion ministries and social justice issues through
training, formal and informal research and networking.
• With the participation of the Global Outreach, Orphan Care and Local Impact Teams and the Pastor of Ministries develop a
one and three plan for the total outreach ministry of LifePoint Church.
• Participate in weekly ministry staff meetings.
• Participate in one leadership training opportunity per year.
• Meet weekly with the Pastor of Ministries for planning and problem solving.
• Perform pastoral care duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries and Sr. Pastor.
• Bachelors Degree & three year’s ministry experience in a large-congregation environment (800+), preferably with outreach
• Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills.
• Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate
multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Planning. Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into
process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks;
measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Managing vision and purpose. Articulates and supports the vision and mission of LifePoint Church; communicates a
compelling and inspired vision for ministry; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose; creates a
compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism; helps others to won the vision.
• Developing volunteers. Is able to identify raw talent and recruit capable people into positions of responsibility; provides
challenging and stretching tasks and assignments for others to do; delegates appropriately; builds people up; maintains
open and active dialogue with volunteers; communicates expectations clearly and holds people accountable.
• Managing conflict. Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads
situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitable; finds common ground and gets
• Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate
rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
• Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an
appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Director of OutreachHOPE Church
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 18
Director Of OutreachGrace Baptist Church
- Woodbridge, Virginia
- October 17
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14
From its earliest days LifePoint Church has chosen a style of ministry that seeks to present the truth of Christ in genuine and meaningful ways. Typically, churches have gained a reputation for being boring and out-of-touch with real life. We're working to change that by presenting a life-changing message through the Holy Spirit's power in ways that people can relate to. More...