This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Contemporary Worship
First United Methodist Church of Clermont
Clermont, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/09/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
First United Methodist Church-Clermont, FL seeks a part-time Director of Contemporary Music.
FUMC-Clermont is a dynamic church in a growing community outside Orlando, FL. The person who will add value to the church is an applicant who professes Jesus Christ as Savior and must live a life that reflects Him. Applicant must have vocal skills to lead a dynamic contemporary worship service. Must have musical skills to direct the band. Must have organizational skills to schedule band members and select music and provide charts. Must have communication and leadership skills to lead the contemporary worship team. Applicant will also be responsible for collaberating with the Director of Youth and the youth praise teams. For immediate consideration please submit your resume and video examples.
• Lead worship during the Sunday service, working with volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists).
• Practice with the team before the service on Sunday
• Lead by recruiting, discipling and developing spiritual leaders who lead our church to worship through
individuals whom God has gifted
• Work with Pastor and/or team to develop worship each week.
• Work with the person who prepares the visual slides.
• Coordinate and schedule the volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists) according to their availability.
• Work with the person in charge of our sound system and other team members to determine the best set up for sound and audio equipment, stage usage and so on.