This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Munster Christian Reformed Church
Munster, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 01/06/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Leader Job Description
Munster Church has been in existence for over 140 years. We belong to the Christian Reformed denomination and have a rich tradition of worship with the Word of God at its center. Our music comes from a long tradition of hymns and praise songs.
About Munster, IN- Munster is a beautiful Chicago Suburb located near the Indiana/Illinois border in Northern Indiana. It is located approx. 30 Minutes southeast of Chicago and just south of Lake Michigan.
About the Christian Reformed Church - The CRC flows from the same theological stream as the Presbyterian Church. It has been strongly influenced by the work of John Calvin and Abraham Kuyper. The denomination has roughly 900 North American congregations and has a strong commitment to reformed theology, church planting and God-centered worship.
Munster Church - with the strong support of both the council and congregation – has committed to a multifaceted renewal plan. A major focus of that plan is blended, Christ-centered worship that affirms traditional music while also incorporating more contemporary music. We are looking for a worship leader who could bring his/her experience in planning and leading worship to help us in this effort. We have developed a blended music style in our services and wish to continue it – incorporating traditional, contemporary and global worship styles.
Our goal is to help others grow in their relationship to God, to learn of God's redeeming grace, and to reach out to those seeking a close relationship with God by providing the best possible worship experience to bring people into the presence of God and to place their focus on Him. We want to encourage all members, all ages, to participate in the worship service, using their gifts and talents to create that worship experience
Hours & Pay Rate
• Hours: Full or Part Time will be considered. (Expected to be a minimum of 20 hours per week) .
• Pay rate: commensurate with experience.
• Plan Worship services with pastors and worship team members to develop consistent worship services each week.
• Lead our worship and singing during the Sunday services, working with our volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists).
• Coordinate & schedule the volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists) according to their availability.
• Practice with the teams during the week and before the services on Sunday.
• Maintain clear communication with the appropriate church staff and oversee the media team.
o Grow the use of technological elements in each worship service including sound, power point, video segments, and lighting, as appropriate.
o Work with the staff to evaluate, recommend, update and improve our equipment and facilities
• Meet regularly with the pastors, Worship Committee and other Council representatives to review concerns or suggestions regarding job performance.
• Select and review the selection of music for worship services.
• Coordinate the set-up of equipment for the Sunday service, communicating in a timely manner to staff and volunteers what is required for each service.
• Develop and promote growth of our existing volunteers as well as encouraging new volunteer musicians and technicians for participation in worship services. This could include the development and direction of Children and Adult choirs, a praise band, bell choir, temporary Easter cantata choirs, etc.
• Provide info for annual budget, and oversee maintenance of music library and instruments.
• A vital and mature Christian with a passion for worship --- experience preferred.
• A strong music background – with advanced capabilities on at least one lead instrument, plus vocals (preferable)
• A commitment to support the worship vision of the church.
• The ability to recruit, train and work well with people of all ages.
• Organizational skills
• Reporting directly to the Senior Pastor; working with the Worship Committee and Elders
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume with a cover letter and media / links demonstrating their musical qualifications (ideally leading a worship service).
Forward to: MCRC Worship Committee – Munster CRC at: 214 Ridge Rd. Munster, IN 46321
Electronic applications and links should be forwarded to: email@example.com