This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Media Services Director
Christ Church of Oak Brook
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 01/05/2011
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
To provide management responsibility and vision for the church’s media ministry, by giving the necessary oversight and execution to the production, technical, broadcast and volunteer support functions while also envisioning future ideas and possibilities to build and grow the media ministry.
Reports to Communications and Media Director and is responsible for supervising Media Services Tech, volunteers, part-time staff, and outside contractors as needed.
• Familiar with all aspects of the media ministry, from budgeting to production.
• Build and oversee a network of volunteers, part-time and contract staff to support the media ministry.
• Develop copy and coordinate post-production for broadcasts and in-house video presentations.
• Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve. (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading, small group, volunteering, etc.).
Volunteers and Lay Leadership
• Engage, train and work alongside volunteers (i.e. Sunday morning production, taping sessions, script writing, editing, etc.) by contacting and mobilizing new members and those expressing interest in the media ministry.
• Envision and build a creative, contemporary, and compelling media ministry that results in high quality broadcasts and video presentations.
• Build relationships and creative working partnerships with staff, ministry teams and leadership.
• Develop new and innovative programming ideas (i.e. teaching videos, packaging sermons, etc.)
• Analyze market study of audience demographics and integrate into communication strategy.
• Work with and support ministry staff on needs of special video presentations.
• Plan meetings and schedule broadcasts, productions and taping sessions.
• Plan coverage and production needs for taping of Sunday services and special shoots for inserts, promos, opens and closes.
• Manage the editing of content and production.
• Coordinate meetings with “resource” staff (editors, writers, etc) to build production time line.
• Develop and manage media ministry budget.
• Maintain the operation and quality of the church’s media equipment.
• Submit invoices for payment; collect, track and deposit all media ministry revenues; copy and submit expense reimbursements.
• Fulfill all media request orders (pamphlets, audio and video tapes, etc.)
• Attend all necessary meetings.
• Provide resources, documentation and communication for ministry and Christ Church leadership.
• Suggest any upgrades and maintenance in the media ministry to maximize performance and utilization of the ministry resources.
Initiate efforts to expand the funding base of the Media Ministry, including:
? Making personal contact with donors, existing and prospective
? Writing grants and building relationships with foundations
? Organizing promotional and donor appreciation events
Work with the Treasurer of the Media Ministry to analyze giving patterns and potential.
Work with the Media Ministry Chair to enact plans to leverage this information toward growth in funding support.
Oversee the content and production of materials that communicate the ministry’s value, character, and goals to audience members and donors, including:
? Periodic newsletters
? Regularly updated website pages
? Broadcast schedule
? Other print or digital communications
1. Handle all phone, mail, and email inquires regarding sermons and media programs.
2. Open mail, record for proper reply, remove contributions, and give to bookkeeper at end of month.
3. Ensure adequate inventory of sermon pamphlets, cassettes, or other materials needed to answer audience requests.
4. Update and maintain audience contact information in Media database.
5. Prepare a monthly summary report of excerpts of letters from listeners suitable for use in promotional materials and the recording of radio program endings.
Subscriptions & Special Orders
1. Maintain records of subscribers.
2. Ensure that products are sent to subscribers in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
3. Process any tape orders for services, baptisms, etc. (in conjunction with the Technical Services Department). Add persons who make requests to our Media Friends lists.
1. Maintain supply of sermon pamphlets, reordering when necessary.
2. Coordinate, with the Senior Pastor, publication of sermons and illustrations with outside publishing entities.
• Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Integrity for work habits and results.
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
• Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
• Able to keep confidentiality.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Passion to see media ministry
Skills and Talents
• Knowledgeable in media and communications technology.
• Ability to teach and coach others.
• Know basic word processing and database application.
• Possess good oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
• Begin and end projects within reasonable time frame.
• Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
• Works well with others and within a team.
• Energized by non-routine assignments.
• Creative and innovative.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 5 – 10 years experience in television and media communication.
• Church or Ministry experience preferred.