This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 01/01/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Student Ministries
First Assembly of Bettendorf (www.bettag.org) is an exciting church bringing the joy of the Gospel to our community. This ministry currently ministers to an average of 75 students per week. There are several dedicated leaders currently serving in this ministry. The ideal candidate must have a passion to reach and disciple youth. Position will include salary and a benefits package.
At First Assembly, our ministry rests on our commitment to four areas of ministry:
1) Proclaiming the authority of God's Word without apology as we grow in our walk with God. (2 Timothy 4:2)
2) Worshiping Jesus with passion. (John 4:24)
3) Partnering with the Spirit of God's work in our lives and community through prayer. (Ephesians 6:18)
4) Befriending the lost as we invite them with boldness and humility into a relationship with the Savior. (Ephesians 6:19-20)
First Assembly is located in Bettendorf, one of the Quad Cities. Our community is made up of four cities along with numerous bedroom communities that make up the Quad cities. The Quad Cities are home to four Universities and many young families live in our immediate neighborhood. This provides a great opportunity and responsibility to reach the next generation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. First Assembly has identified the need to build a ministry staff dedicated to discipleship and evangelism. We currently have a Lead Pastor, a Children's Director, a Pastoral Care Pastor, a part-time Worship Pastor and two administrative staff members along with a volunteer Pastoral Care Associate. We are currently hiring an individual to fill our need to help us with our ministry to parents as well as a Youth Ministries Director.
We are seeking an individual who feels called to lead our Student Ministries and to help develop students whose lives are committed to daily surrender to Christ Jesus. If you are a faithful and fruitful leader with the spiritual gifts and talents to build a life changing ministry, then we would like to talk with you!
Title: Director of Student Ministries
Position Objective: To build, shepherd and lead a life giving and life changing ministry to students and their families at First Assembly.
Spiritual and Character Qualifications:
The Director of Student Ministries should:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• Have a history of moral purity
• Meet the biblical qualifications for elder (I Timothy 3:1?7, Titus 1:5?9)
• Be a self starter with drive, passion and initiative
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
• Be a team player with a positive attitude
• Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1Corinthians 12:28).
• Leadership experience in the student ministry of a local church
• A degree from a Bible College/Christian University and/or pursuing credentials or a degree in Bible/Theology
• Enthusiasm for the doctrine, vision and philosophy of the Assemblies of God
• Ability to communicate clearly to parents, volunteers, and students
• Ability to enlist volunteers and develop leaders
• Must demonstrate the ability to be a “leader of leaders”
• Able to articulate a biblical philosophy of student ministries within a discipleship focus
The Director of Student Ministries will be:
• Casting a vision that compels students to surrender their lives fully to Jesus Christ
• Recruiting and mentoring adult and student leaders
• Overseeing all aspects of First Assemblies Student's Ministry Team (staffing, training, administration)
• Planning and implementation for ministry events each year
• Developing an annual, strategic ministry plan
• Projecting and managing an annual ministry budget
• Building relationships with parents and students
• Networking with other Student Ministry Pastors
• Aggressively pursuing personal, spiritual and professional growth
• Attending and participating in regular staff meetings
• Carrying out other assignments as directed by the Senior Pastor
•Ideal candidate will also have some graphic design skills and/or the desire and ability to learn.