This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harvest Community Church
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 12/20/2010
Categories: Church Staff - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
The goal of the Student Minister is to equip parents and other volunteers to help students (6th through 12th grade) find their way back to God and help students follow Christ passionately. The Student Minister works under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and in harmony with other staff members and ministry leaders to help fulfill Harvest’s vision and mission.
• Lead and equip volunteers to run the weekly student programs (Middle School Sunday School, Wednesday Night Youth Group, Small Groups for Students)
• Plan and run regular ongoing events for students that fulfill the mission of Harvest
• Direct the spiritual leadership for Harvest Student Ministry with particular emphasis on one-on-one discipleship and life example.
• Identify and address the spiritual, emotional, relational and mental needs of the students at Harvest.
• Strengthen partnerships with the parents of Harvest students. (Weekly communication, Involve parents in programs and events, Quarterly parent meetings)
• Mobilize and minister to the volunteer student ministry staff.
• Plan and execute administrative functions:
o Process the weekly announcements sheet and on-going publicity (flyer for students and email to parents, etc.)
o Budget managing and fundraising efforts for the ministry
o Maintaining regular contact with members of the Harvest Student Ministry (i.e., student visitation, email / phone correspondence, etc.)
• Help implement youth community outreach events and other missional projects (local, national, international)
• Participate and promote other church wide events.
• Any other duties as assigned
• Maintain a personal spiritual walk that includes regular time in God’s word and in prayer.
• Personal participation in weekly worship at Harvest
• Be an active staff team member and participate in weekly staff meetings
• Meeting with Lead Pastor weekly