This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Adrian, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/17/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Ogden Church Associate Pastor
The Associate Pastor is a member of the Pastoral Staff. He is responsible for the Operations of church. He will manage, supervise, and minister to the staff of Ogden Church under the supervision of the Lead Pastor & Elder Board. His main focus is working with Pastoral Staff, leaders, and volunteers to implement the vision of the Lead Pastor and Elders. He is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he serves the Lord, the church, and the Lead Pastor.
• Demonstrates the spiritual and personal maturity and godliness of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1.
• Theologically compatible with Ogden’s statement of faith as outlined in the constitution and as commonly held.
• Agreement with and ownership of Ogden’s purpose, plan and priorities.
• Ability to function in a grace oriented fellowship.
• Flexibility in areas of responsibility.
• A demonstrated pastor’s heart:
o Humility: selfless, servant
o Positive, people orientation
o A personal vision and demonstrated experience to train and disciple people
• Teachability: demonstrated track record of growth and a desire to learn
• Team player: demonstrated team experience and team focus
• Strong teaching abilities
• Innate gifting:
o Motivated (hard worker and self-starter)
o Must have the ability to manage the day-to-day operations of an organization and staff.
o Must have proven skills in change management, visioneering, conflict and people management.
o Must have proven experience in mobilizing and raising volunteers and leadership.
o Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing.
• Preferably a college and/or seminary graduate with 5+ years experience.
• Spends time in prayer & study of God's Word on a daily basis.
• Be under the spiritual and ministry oversight of the Lead Pastor.
• Be an active team player on the church staff:
o Attend all large church gatherings
o Participate in staff meetings
o Prepare a monthly report of ministry activities, progress, and/or challenges to Lead Pastor and Elder Board.
• Equip leaders to build the teams for each area of GROW, GO, and KNOW ministry at Ogden Church. Over see the leaders and teams within these ministries.
• Provide leadership and oversight for Children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
• Engage in interpersonal ministry, mentoring, discipling, and counseling as the opportunities arise.
• Able to perform weddings & funerals as needed.
• Able to preach on Sunday mornings periodically throughout the year.
• Keep current with ministry trends through reading, seminars, discussions, and conferences.
• Reports monthly to the Lead Pastor on issues relating to staffing, ministry programming, and strategic planning.
• Is responsible to coordinate and approve vacation dates for all pastoral staff.
• Is responsible for maintaining up-to-date job descriptions for all pastoral staff.
• Maintains the church calendar of events and programs.
• Serves as the communications prime for all ministry programs and requests.
• Assists the pastoral staff in goal setting, planning, prioritizing, and ministry implementation.
• Projects future staff needs, making recommendations to the Lead Pastor and Elders regarding staff additions or changes in ministry responsibilities.
• Meets weekly with the Lead Pastor for the purpose of reporting, planning and evaluation.
• Is responsible for strategic planning and positioning of programs and staff for optimum growth.
• Monitor the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation.
• Ensure staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet our strategic goals.
• Is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and continued monitoring of the church budget.
• Is responsible in conjunction with the Finance Team to control and manage revenue projections as well as, expenditures.
• Assess and manage staff health insurance, benefits, and taxes.
• Evaluates and approves/denies all benevolence requests.
• Responsible for development, editing and final proofing of the weekly bulletin.
• Communications prime for all ministry/event promotion requests.
• Oversees the church advertising and marketing for worship services, programs, and special events.
• Is responsible for newspaper advertising, phone advertising, and special mailings to the congregation.
• Health Insurance, retirement contribution, & paid vacation.
• Salary dependent upon experience.
Interested candidates please submit résumé to: Peggy Thompson
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ogden Church – 3201 E. US Hwy 223, Adrian, MI 49221 – www.ogdenchurch.org