This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
SunHills Community Church
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/13/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
SunHills Community Church, located in beautiful El Dorado Hills, CA is seeking a Worship Leader to lead and support the worship ministry as well as take the lead in other church ministries for our community of about 300 people. SunHills’ primary purpose is to Love God, Love People and Live the Mission. At SunHills, you'll find Bible-based messages that are clear, practical, and applicable to real people in today's culture. We are seeking a worship and ministry leader who wishes to become an integral part of the community by not only working as a staff member, but who will participate in a real and contributing way as a part of the church family. We are seeking a leader who demonstrates spiritual maturity, strong work ethic, the ability to mentor growing musicians, has a strong team approach, can take the lead in multiple church ministries and whose musical style matches the contemporary worship of the church. This position works closely with the Lead Pastor and supports various church ministries. For more information on SunHills, please visit www.sunhills.org.
• Lead and coordinate rehearsals and worship for Sunday services
• Research and select music
• Manage technical aspects of Sunday services including switch board, lighting, special programming, etc.
• Schedule and coordinate volunteers for various Sunday functions including greeting, coffee preparation, etc.
• Prepare budgets and strategic planning for the worship ministry
• Seek new and engaging ways to continually improve worship activities
• Lead and/or support other areas of ministry within SunHills such as adult ministries, small groups, missions, etc.
• Previous experience as a Worship Leader
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher). Proficiency with “Planning Center” desired
• Technical experience working with sound and projection equipment
• The ability to lead and direct musicians of all types (guitar, piano, drums, singers, etc.)
• Great organizational and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well in oral and written formats
• A proactive and collegial attitude with a strong team approach
• Ability to multitask and work in multiple areas of ministry
• Previous involvement with other church ministries such as missions, youth, adult ministries, etc.
To be considered for the position, all applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter to include answers for the following questions:
What does worship mean to you?
What other areas of ministry have you been involved with on a leadership level?
What areas of ministry interest you the most and why?
- A video or recording demo – should be representative of your musical style as a worship leader
Please submit your resume package to firstname.lastname@example.org.