This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 12/11/2010
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position involves innovating in the area of Family Ministry while also leading the church's Missional Involvement, and helping with the Youth Ministry as needed.
• Take leadership of the assimilation system. Currently we use a modified version of Nelson Searcy's assimilation system as outlined in his book Fusion.
• Providing biblical guidance/counseling for marriages, single parents, divorce care, blended families, etc.
• Build relationships with people in the church as well as the community.
• Preach on Sunday mornings from time to time as needed.
• Support small group leaders by encouraging them, resourcing them, and training as needed.
• Own the value of small groups and lead the church to be involved in small groups.
• Innovate and identify missional opportunities locally and globally.
• Plan and organize mission trips/opportunities for individuals, youth, and families.
• Build relationships with people in the community.
• Find ministries and churches we can partner with in our community.
• We have a Youth Coordinator that organizes youth group activities and is a part of the teaching rotation. The family pastor would provide additional spiritual direction to the youth ministry. This would involve event planning and sharing the teaching/leading needs of the youth ministry.
• We'd love to have someone who has a background in youth ministry and is looking to broaden their focus to family ministry.
About the Church
We started in February 2009. The church has grown rapidly to average 300 on Sunday mornings. Most of those who call Essential Church their church home are from either a non-church or inactive-Catholic background. Last year we were given a 15,000sqft building and 7 acres of land which we've just about maxed out. Check out our website for more information.
Please do not call the church phone or send emails to address off the website. Applications can be sent through churchstaffing.com or to email@example.com