This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministry Pastor
Valley Family Church
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
About Valley Family Church
We recently moved into a brand new state of the art facility last October and were named by Outreach magazine as the 44th fastest growing church in America. Doctrinally, we are charismatic and Word of Faith which is aligned with the teachings of Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and Joyce Meyer while we align more with the stylistic philosophy of Fellowship Church, Northpoint Community Church and New Spring Church. Pastors Jeff & Beth Jones are the founding and co-senior pastors and they are a husband and wife team who share the speaking responsibilities on the weekend. VFC is extremely committed to the Word of Faith and the spirit of faith in every venue while presenting it in a culturally relevant way that reaches our community.
About en fuego Student Ministries
en fuego Middle School Ministry challenges students to chase after the life that God has for them. We strive to develop students in their walk with God and want them to gain knowledge of the Bible so that they own their faith and walk it out in their everyday lives. Each service students have the chance to connect with God through live heartfelt worship, messages that make sense, dramas and videos that meet students where they are.
en fuego High School Ministry is designed to tear down misconceptions about God and the church. Each service students do three things: Have fun in God’s house, make great friends, and really connect with God. We facilitate this through videos, dramas, stomp routines, passionate worship, and relevant messages from the Bible.
Please check out our website at http://www.valleyfamilychurch.org/ to find out a little bit more of our history and to get a feel for who we are and how we “do church”.
Once you’ve had the chance to check us out, we’d love to get a little more information from you such as a portfolio of various work/projects you may have done and we will add you as a potential candidate for this position as we move forward. Please email your resume to RichardPilger@valleyfamilychurch.org
Student Ministries Director
The ideal candidate should thrive in an exciting and fast paced environment of a growing organization. Our philosophy is to work hard and have a lot of fun doing it! We’re looking for individuals who have previous ministry experience in a large church environment and have the innate ability to connect with youth, partner with their parents and serve under the leadership and vision of the senior pastors.
- Cultivate a dynamic, culturally relevant, engaging, relational and fun ministry environments for middle and high school students.
- Oversee and maintain all standards of excellence as it relates to the following:en fuego Middle School Ministry, en fuego High School Ministry, all student ministry environments, programming and special events.
- Supervise and oversee the personal and professional development of all paid staff members and volunteers.
- Facilitate leadership training meetings where vision is cast ,philosophy is taught, volunteers are exhorted, leadership skills are honed, age appropriate techniques are explored and excellence is modeled.
- Able to think through situations, resolve conflicts and make responsible decisions.
- Able to prioritize work efficiently, effectively manage time and be given to the attention to detail .
- Must be a team player that works well with others and demonstrates flexibility .
- Work with a creative team to develop message series and weekend messages that connect spiritual truths with today’s youth culture.
- Participate in a weekly rotating schedule of speaking in MS & HS services.
- Serve on a rotating schedule for general pastoral duties including: Pastoral Emergency Phone Rotation; participating in a fair rotation for performing weddings, funerals, hospitals, crisis, special local events; etc.