This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Student Minister
Woodridge Baptist Church
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/09/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE: Senior Student Minister
ENLISTED BY: Personnel Committee/Pastor
APPROVED BY: Church
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Pastor
Principal Function: The Senior Student Minister is responsible for development, coordination, and leadership of all events and programs for grades 6-12.
Requirements: The Minister must demonstrate a desire and/or a call to the Holy vocation of student ministry. This call must be demonstrated by his or her life and carried out by a passion with an ability to facilitate and lead teenagers to a closer walk with the Lord.
1. Plan and administrate a comprehensive ministry for students in grades 6-12 for teaching, discipleship, and outreach/evangelism.
2. Develop meaningful relationships with students in order to encourage and facilitate a total youth experience throughout total student ministry program.
3. Be primary teacher for Wednesday night mid-week student Bible studies.
4. Recruit teachers/leaders for all appropriate programs and special events and offer proper training as necessary.
5. Work with the youth staff in planning and conducting special events (such as camps, DiscipleNow Weekends, retreats, and mission trips) for grades 6-12.
6. Work with program leaders, teachers and appropriate staff members to resolve philosophical, procedural and scheduling problems in the youth division.
7. In consultation with the youth staff and direct supervisor, prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Stewardship Committee.
8. As needed, in conjunction with youth staff and supervisor, hire and supervise summer Youth Intern(s).
9. Serve as staff liaison to church committees and ministries as assigned.
10. Serve as immediate supervisor for Youth Associate and permanent Youth Intern(s).
11. Support the overall work of the church.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Senior Student Minister is expected to put in full time hours during the work week (including time spent out of the office with students and their families) which includes:
1. Attendance and leadership on Sunday Mornings.
2. Attendance and leadership during Wednesday Night Youth Worship Service.
3. Attendance and leadership during Sunday evening events such as His Voice and Sunday night services.